FAQ - PhD Admission and Enrolment  

I live abroad, how can I pay the enrolment fee?

The enrolment fee has to be paid within the enrolment deadline through bank transfer, using the data that will be communicated personally by e-mail.

I am a non EU citizen and I need an acceptance letter to obtain the visa. What can I do?

You should fill in the dedicated field in the Enrolment Form and the Office will send an e-mail directly to the diplomatic representation to confirm the enrolment.

Do I have to pay the enrolment fee? What is the deadline?

The enrolment fee of 980,00 € has to be paid by all the candidates who are not awarded with a doctoral scholarship paid by this University or have renounced to it.
It has to be paid within the deadline for enrolment.

Do I have to submit any document to the desk?

Only candidates holding a foreign degree have to submit to the International Students Desk, via Santa Sofia 9/1 Milano, the following documents:

  • Master Degree (or equivalent) translated in Italian and authenticated by the authorities of the country where it was obtained
  • Dichiarazione di valore (or, alternatively, the Diploma Supplement issued by the University. In this case you need not to translate your Master Degree)
  • the Italian tax code (codice fiscale)
  • valid residence permit (only for non EU citizens)

Other candidates are not required to submit anything.