Animal Husbandry and Welfare
The degree programme in Animal Husbandry and Welfare is designed to train professionals who are qualified to engage in all areas of work relating to the zootechnical system, such as the technical, sanitary and economic management of productive animal husbandry (milk and meat ruminants, pigs, horses, poultry, rabbits and fish) and pets (dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, rodents and birds).
The course offers in-depth training in questions relating to production and reproduction efficacy, animal welfare and the environmental impact of animal husbandry. Graduates will be able to combine the quantitative and qualitative improvement of livestock farming with the welfare and health of the animals.
The degree programme in Animal Husbandry and Welfare is awarded to those students who have mastered the prescribed subjects, developed the capacity to apply this knowledge in specific working contexts, and are capable of resolving all zootechnical-related issues. Graduates must therefore be able to communicate their knowledge and employ their technical skills in the workplace, working with national and international operators, including those from other technical and scientific sectors.
Graduates in Animal Husbandry and Welfare have the opportunity to develop technical expertise and practical skills during study and research placements in Italian and foreign institutions, including non-university spheres, which are organised through international agreements.
Graduates can pursue careers in the following professional spheres:
- the technical, food, genetic, sanitary and economic management of productive and pet animal husbandry, and fish farming;
- the management and leadership of agrozootechnical and game animal firms, and the fodder and supplement industries;
- the design of zootechnical shelters and facilities;
- the management of human welfare and the genetic improvement of animal populations;
- environmental protection procedures through zootechnical waste disposal plans and the evaluation of environmental impact;
- the management of commercial activities in the pet sector;
- assistance of a technical and economic, accounting and tax nature, for companies that produce technical equipment and goods in the animal husbandry sector;
- artificial insemination in animal species in animal husbandry, excluding horses;
- technical consultancy services concerning financial and insurance issues.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
To sit the legal English exam included in the plan of study, students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Recommended, not mandatory.
- Segreteria Didattica e Studenti
Via dell'Università n. 6 Lodi
La segreteria è aperta al pubblico previo appuntamento tramite il servizio infostudenti nei seguenti giorni: martedì - giovedì dalle 13 alle 15 mercoledì dalle 9 alle 12
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment