Audioprothesic Techniques graduates are healthcare professionals engaged in the supply, adaptation and testing of prosthetic aids for the prevention and correction of hearing deficiencies.
On the basis of a doctor's prescription, they are responsible for autonomously conducting professional procedures. Graduates are engaged in the application of prosthetic aids through the creation of an impression of the external auditory canal, the construction and application of cochleas and other acoustic coupling systems, and the administration of prosthetic assessment trials.
They work with other professional figures in conducting deafness prevention and rehabilitation programmes through the supply of prosthetic aids and training in how to use them.
Audioprothesic Techniques graduates can operate in laboratory or public and private assistance centres authorised as per current regulations, in a freelance or employed capacity.
On the strength of their competences, Audioprosthesis Methods graduates can engage in:
- the selection, preparation and testing of audiological prosthetic materials;
- research, technical consultancy and quality testing activities in acoustic prosthesis laboratories and bodies;
- the provision of specific rehabilitative techniques in centres and hospitals for the recovery of the hearing-impaired;
- roles in national and foreign production Industries and sales agencies operating in the field of hearing aids;
- research and educational activities in collaboration with University Medicine, Physics and Engineering institutes.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English.
Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
livello nel campo delle discipline otorinolaringologiche e audiologiche sono anche utilizzate per la formazione professionalizzante e lo svolgimento di tirocini e attività attinenti alla prova finale di Laurea.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment