Environmental Science and Policy
- the transmission to students of a systemic culture related to the natural and human environment;
- the training of graduates able to use the good practices of scientific methods and have adequate theoretical knowledge and operational skills to analyze, interpret and explain environmental phenomena and processes, and to face and solve complex problems that arise in this area;
- the preparation of graduates able to read environmental issues on several levels, using a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach;
- the training of graduates able to operate autonomously, to work in a group and to mage operational situations into the workplace;
- the preparation of graduates able to use at least one European Union language in addition to Italian, in relation to the specific context of reference;
- the provision of cognitive tools that allow graduates to immediately understand the work and professional contexts or to continue their studies in master's programs (first level) or master's degree courses.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor's degree programme in Environmental Science and Policy, you must have a high-school diploma or equivalent foreign qualification pursuant to Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22 October 2004.
Admission is capped in order to meet high-quality teaching standards relative to the available resources. Therefore, you will have to take a TOLC - CISIA Online Test before enrolling. There are 100 places available for the first year of the programme.
You can attend the TOLC test at the University of Milan or any other member university of CISIA (inter-university consortium for integrated access systems). You can register to the TOLC test on the CISIA website (www.cisiaonline.it).
The test providing access to the degree programme in Environmental Science and Policy is TOLC-S, consisting of the following sections: Basic mathematics (20 questions - 50 minutes), Reasoning and problems (10 questions - 20 minutes), Reading comprehension (10 questions - 20 minutes), Basic sciences (chemistry, physics and geology - 10 questions - 20 minutes).
Each question has 5 answer options. Only one option is correct.
Scores: correct answer +1, wrong or no answer 0, in the English section; correct answer +1, wrong answer -0.25, no answer 0, in the other sections.
If you do the TOLC-S and apply for admission to the degree programme in Environmental Science and Policy, you will be included in a merit ranking based on the test score. The winners will be able to enrol, in compliance with the deadlines set out in the call for applications.
Students who have not achieved at least 10 points in the Mathematics module will have to fulfil additional learning requirements (OFA).
The TOLC test includes an additional English section, consisting of 30 questions to be answered in 15 minutes. This section does not count toward the overall test score.
Remedial activities and tests
Students with additional learning requirements will have to carry out remedial activities in the period October-December, and then take a test to prove they have filled their gaps. Otherwise, they will not be able to take any second-year exams before passing the Mathematics exam.
Test topics, registration procedures, dates, deadlines and other information are published:
- on the university webpage
- in the call for applications.
For further information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandatory for laboratory activity, field research and internships; recommended for other teaching activities.
- Segreteria didattica
via Celoria 2 - II piano
lunedì, martedì, giovedì: 10.30-12.30, 14.00-16.00; mercoledì e venerdì: 14.00-16.00. A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è preferibile fissare un appuntamento scrivendo a email@example.com
- Segreteria studenti
via Celoria 18
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment