Public Sector and Healthcare Management
The degree programme in Public Sector and Healthcare Management equips the students with a range of managerial skills (economic, legal, political science, sociological, statistical), a sound understanding of the operational processes and rules of public administrations, a good grasp of the requirements of companies and citizens, the ability to analyse projects and objectives, and to recognise and overcome the complexities typical of bureaucratic organisations, and an excellent command of the cutting-edge technological tools used for administrative innovation and for communications with users.
Public Management graduates can assume average responsibility-level roles in public administrations, at a central, regional or local level. Outside of the public sector, they can operate in:
- firms: in the management of projects that incorporate both business objectives and public policy;
- consultancy firms: in the provision of research and services based on relations with public administrations;
- professional organisations: in the monitoring of policies in the sector;
- media: in the improvement of information relating to citizens;
- public relations firms: in the fostering of high professional and ethical standards in company - institutional relations;
- non-profit organisations.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Application and admission: Limited enrolment.
Additional learning obligations (OFA)
Students may have additional learning obligations (OFA, Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi) that they must fulfil in accordance with the provisions of the Programme Structure. Admitted students will not have educational debts if:
- in the spring selection they reported an average grade of 7 in Italian, maths, history and English in the fourth year of high school;
- they participated to the September selection with a final grade of 80/100 (48/60) in high school;
- possess both a high school degree and a proven working experience, consistent with the course's educational path.
For admitted students who do not fall within the situations described above, a specific commission will establish, after considering the evaluation of their study path in high school, whether to assign additional training obligations (OFA) in the linguistic-expressive and/or logical-mathematical areas, to be completed within the first year of studies at the University.
OFA: English language
To be able to sit the English language exam included in the study plan, students must have level B1 proficiency in English.
Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
The Bachelor's degree programme in Public Sector and Healthcare Management provides the opportunity to carry out study periods at numerous European universities, where you can follow cycles of lessons and earn valid credits for the purposes of obtaining your degree.
Our international partners are selected among the most prestigious academic institutions in Spain (Universidad Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona, Universitat de Barcelona, University of Santiago de Compostela, Universidad Pùblica de Navarra in Pamplona, University of Oviedo, University of Salamanca, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, University of La Coruña), France (Université du Droit et de la Santé de Lille), Portugal (University of Coimbra).
The courses offered by our partners cover all the key subjects and fields of Public Sector and Healthcare Management. The courses to be taken abroad shall be agreed with the Erasmus coordinator before departure. The credits earned will be officially recognized at the end of the exchange period and included in your study plan.
Highly recommended, not mandatory
- Email del corso di laurea
- Altro sito web del corso di laurea
http://www.unimi.it/studenti/matricole/77598.htm ; http://www.unimi.it/ENG/courses/31190.htm#c31336
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: