Science and Technology for Studying and Preserving the Cultural Heritage and Information Storage Media
Graduates in Science and Technology for Study and Preservation of Cultural Heritage and Medium possess the methodological, scientific and technological competences required to evaluate, also at an operational level, the conservation status of cultural heritage and to analyse the characteristic morphological and structural features and material properties of cultural goods.
They can pursue careers in the following sectors: - cultural heritage assessment;
- risk evaluation;
- the implementation of diagnostic projects geared at arresting processes of degeneration and instability;
- the restoration of data media as well as related information.
Graduates in Science and Technology for Study and Preservation of Cultural Heritage and Medium can enter professional roles in local bodies and specific institutions, such as government offices, museums, libraries, and archives, in addition to professional organisations and companies that operate in the following sectors: archaeological excavation, restoration work, and the protection of cultural heritage, information and related support tools.
Career opportunities open to graduates include a range of new professional positions, such as:
- specialists in geo-archaeology and archaeological science trained in the study, diagnosis and conservation of archaeological sites and objects, as well as excavation operation support;
- specialists in the use of analytical support techniques for philological historic studies through the classification of the material of the object, the diagnosis of any causes of degradation and the preparation of conservation projects;
- specialists capable of managing the entire evaluation process for historical, scientific, technological and naturalistic assets (scientific tools, archives, libraries, films and documentaries) from the acquisition stage to the analysis, diagnosis, conservation, protection, management (cataloguing, computerisation and digitalisation) optimisation, utilisation and diffusion stages;
- specialists in conservation status analysis, the identification and application of the most effective conservation, organisation and usage techniques, and the renovation of digital and analogue data carriers and the information contained.
Application and admission: Open. H
There is a test to verify the candidates’ preparation, which must be taken before enrolment. T
he evaluation is carried out through TOLC tests (the TOLC tests valid for the registration are TOLC-B the TOLC-S, CISIA OnLine Test, www.cisiaonline.it ).
Additional learning obligations (OFA)
Students who do not pass the entrance examination on mathematics, are assigned additional learning obligations (OFA, Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi) that they must fulfil in accordance with the provisions of the Programme structure.
OFA: English language
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Highly recommended, not mandatory
- Collegio DidatticoScienze e tecnologie per la conservazione e la diagnostica dei beni culturali
via Mangiagalli 34
- Segreterie Studenti
via Celoria 22
- Sportello studenti
via Mangiagalli 34 (piano terra) stanza n. 26
martedì e giovedì 9.30-11.30
www.unimi.it (scegli la Statale)
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: