To ensure the right to study, equality and social integration within the university community, the University of Milan provides assistance and services to students who have specific learning disabilities (SLDs).
By submitting the necessary certification at the time of enrolment, and by registering with Disability and SLD Services, it is possible to utilize the facilities and exemptions provided, as well as services such as mobility support, and the specific resources provided by the university.
A link to the guidelines of the National University Conference of Delegates for Disabilities and Specific Learning Disorders (SLD), is below.
- Rights, social integration and assistance for the disabled (Law 104/1992 and later modifications)
- Support measures in favor of people with severe handicaps (Law 162/1998 - modifications to Law 104/1992)
- The right to work for the disabled (Law 68/1999)
- Access for the disabled to IT tools (Law 4/2004 - Legge Stanca).
- New regulations on specific learning disabilities in schools (Law 170/2010)
- Agreement between the Government, Regions and Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano on “Indications for diagnosis and certification of diagnostics of specific learning disorders (SLD)”.