Fees - current academic year
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
As students are bound to pay the total tuition and fees, the payment of the first instalment entails the obligation to pay the second one as well, if any.
A no tax area is set for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
The University also offers:
- fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements.
- concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
The first instalment is € 156 - € 140 regional tax for the right to an education + € 16 stamp duty.
It is the same amount for all students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle Master's degree programmes, and is due upon matriculation or enrolment renewal that is due by 30 September 2020.
The first instalment is paid through the Payment management service. New students access the service directly upon completing the matriculation procedure, while students who renew enrolment can also access the service from their Unimia page.
If you pay through online banking using an IUV payment slip, check your bank's cut-off times for online transactions.
In the event of enrolment after the deadline, a late payment fee will be due:
Students on track with exams (“in corso”):
- Fee of €30,00 for those who pay the first instalment after the 30th of September 2020 and within the 31st of December 2020
- Fee of €105,00 for those who pay the first instalment from the 1st of January 2021
For students not on track with exams (“fuori corso”):
- Fee of €30,00 for those who pay the first insatalment after the 30th of September 2020
The online degree programme in Computer Systems and Networks Security requires an additional € 500 fee for students on track and € 200 for students off track.
The amount of the second instalment is calculated on the basis of the following variables:
- The financial condition of the student's household, as confirmed by the ISEE University certificate, to be requested from a CAF (tax assistance centre) or INPS (Italian social security) within 31 October 2020;
- The fee area for the degree programme (A or B);
- the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than one year).
The second instalment must be paid by 1 February 2021.
The payment procedure is available online – usually in the second half of December – on Unimia, which provides direct access to payment via Pago PA using the Payment Management service. The payment must be made within the established deadline.
Failure to pay the second instalment by the deadline will result in late payment fees, as well as the student's career being immediately halted. If the payment is not settled, the University will cancel any exams taken after the career halt, and will start debt collection procedures in accordance with the law.
The second instalment must also be paid by drop-out students who do not submit a formal application for withdrawal from studies.
Late payment fee:
- € 30 - up to 15 days;
- € 60 - over 15 days.
If you pay through online banking, check your bank's cut-off times for online transactions.
Second instalment and DSU regional scholarships
DSU regional scholarships and University scholarships winners are entitled to the exemption from the second instalment of the University fees
The second instalment is determined by applying the following rules:
- students on track or off track for one year with an ISEE value up to € 20,000 will pay the minimum fee (see table below);
- for students with an ISEE value over € 20,000 and up to € 40,000, a 3% rate will be applied to the difference between the student's ISEE value and € 20,000;
- for students with an ISEE value equal to or greater than € 40,000 and up to € 75,000, a 3% rate will be applied to the difference between € 40,000 and € 20,000 plus a 7% rate to the difference between the student's ISEE value and € 40,000;
- for students enrolled in a degree programme in the B area, a multiplication coefficient of 1.28 is applied;
- for students off track for over one year, a multiplication coefficient of 1.50 is applied, subject to a minimum amount of € 200;
- students with an ISEE value equal to or greater than € 75,000 will pay the maximum fee (see table below);
- students on track will get a € 500 discount, with no income limits, if they earn 90% of academic credits required by their programme (see the paragraph on concessions for students meeting high merit requirements)
Minimum amount: all students with an ISEE value up to € 20,000
Minimum amount: all students with an ISEE value up to € 20,000
Students meeting high merit requirements are granted a € 500 discount on the second instalment which is automatically calculated, without the student having to submit a specific application. The discount is granted to students enrolled on track with a regular career who have earned 90% of academic credits (CFU) by 30 September 2020.
The number of credits to be earned are those required by the Study Programme up to the previous Academic Year.
Students with a regular career are those who are enrolled on track, have not interrupted their studies or repeated any years, and those already holding a degree.
For students enrolled in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes for Health Professions and in single-cycle degree programmes in Medicine, the award of internship credits will be assessed as of 30 November 2020, subject to any extension due to the current health emergency. In the case of training activities spread over several years or more semesters with a single exam, all credits will be deemed to refer to the programme year set out in the Study Programme for the exam.
If the second instalment is equal to or greater than € 700, it may be sub-divided in four instalments.
The instalment plan is only available to students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle Master's degree programmes. It is not available for:
- those who matriculate or renew enrolment after 31 December 2020;
- those who enrol in a post-graduate programme (masters, advanced courses, PhDs, post-graduate schools);
- the additional fee due for the online degree programme in Computer Systems and Networks Security.
Instalment plan procedure
Eligible students may apply for the instalment plan online as soon as the payment procedure is available, and no later than 31 January 2021. Once the instalment plan has been confirmed, it is no longer possible to pay the second instalment as a lump sum. To apply for the instalment plan:
- access, from your personal UNIMIA page, Sifa online services > Online payment service > Instalment plan
- apply for the instalment plan. Once the instalment plan has been confirmed, it is no longer possible to pay the second instalment as a lump sum
- pay the first instalment
The second, third and fourth instalments will become available for payment only after receipt of the previous payment by the University.
You cannot apply for the instalment plan from your smartphone.
When to pay
Under the instalment plan, the second instalment is further divided into 4 instalments.
- 26 February 2021
- 31 March 2021
- 30 April 2021
- 31 May 2021
Only the late payment of the fourth and last instalment involves a late payment fee equal to € 30 (up to 15 days) or € 60 (over 15 days).
Failure to pay every single instalment will immediately result in the student's career being halted, until regularization of their administrative status.
Cancellation of the instalment plan
Career termination (for withdrawal from studies, transfer, graduation) will result in the instalment plan being cancelled, and the student will be required to pay the full amount of the second instalment, subject to any late payment fees.
The instalment plan will lapse and the student will be required to pay the outstanding fees as a lump sum if:
- a single payment is not made as required by the University;
- the ISEE value changes, and the second instalment amount is updated after 1 February 2021.
For foreign students whose household resides and produces income abroad, the second instalment is not calculated on the ISEE University value, but consists of a fixed second instalment amount based on the student's citizenship, the fee area for the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than one year).
Italian citizens residing abroad and having income / assets produced abroad will pay fees based on their country of residence.
Students with foreign citizenship whose household produces income and possesses assets in Italy must apply for the ISEE University certificate.
For the purposes of right-to-an-education benefits (scholarships, canteens, accommodation), foreign students who cannot apply for the ISEE University certificate will have to provide financial evidence upon submitting their online application
Countries: group 1
- On track and off track for one year - Area A: € 200
- On track and off track for one year - Area B: € 256
- Off track for more than one year - Area A: € 300
- Off track for more than one year - Area B: € 384
Countries: group 2
- On track and off track for one year - Area A: € 700
- On track and off track for one year - Area B: € 896
- Off track for more than one year - Area A: € 1,050
- Off track for more than one year - Area B: € 1,344
Countries: group 3
- On track and off track for one year - Area A: € 2,000
- On track and off track for one year - Area B: € 2,560
- Off track for more than one year - Area A: € 3,000
- Off track for more than one year - Area B: € 3,840