You are here


Before leaving, it is important to make sure that you have completed the necessary paperwork and that you have all the documents required for your stay in Italy.

The MIUR (Ministry of University and Research), in collaboration with the CIMEA (Information Centre on Mobility and Academic Equivalence) has set up a website for foreign students, with a page dedicated to visas and the documents required for travelling.

On the website’s information page you will find details on how to obtain and renew a permesso di soggiorno (residence permit), for both EU citizens and students from non-EU countries, as well as a number of other useful guidelines.