Viticulture and Enology Sciences
The course is designed to train professional figures equipped with advanced training, the skills required to pursue specialist occupations in the spheres of viticulture and oenology, and proven professional expertise and autonomy. Specific attention is devoted to developing the competences needed to resolve problems connected with the management of wine and oenological production systems in relation to the related land context. Attention is paid to both the environmental and social-economic implications. Graduates are also trained in the use of innovative tools and rigorous work methodologies.
The curriculum is interdisciplinary in nature and aims to equip students with the competences and knowledge required to support planning and knowledge diffusion in the viticultural and oenological sectors. Thanks to its multidisciplinary approach, which covers a wide range of issues, graduates from the master programme possess the cultural, scientific and technical flexibility required to control and manage the continuous development of the viticultural and oenological production system, in line with the changing requirements of a complex, sophisticated culture such as that of Europe.
Depending on the availability of places, it is possible to complete the second year and graduate from one of the affiliated European venues, obtaining, in addition to the master's degree in Italy, also the European Master of Science of Viticulture and Enology. The European partner venues are located in Geisenheim (Germany), Montpellier (France), Madrid (Spain) or Lisbon (Portugal).
Graduates from the master degree programme in Viticulture and Oenology can pursue career opportunities in the viticultural an oenological sectors, through the assumption of managerial and consulting roles.
They can also work in Public Administration, through roles in monitoring bodies and sector management, pursue freelance work as food and/or agricultural technologist, and enter competitions for research and teaching careers. Graduates from the master degree programme in Viticulture and Oenology are therefore qualified to enter professional roles engaged in:
- managerial responsibilities in viticultural and oenological company divisions;
- planning procedures at the corporate and regional level, in the viticulture and oenology sectors;
- the design of viticultural and oenological facilities;
- the economic and administrative management of wine companies;
- professional careers as oenologists.
On the strength of this training, graduates can operate - both at the planning and managerial level - in the following sectors:
- technical and economic management of wine resources;
- definition and organisation of technical assistance services;
- control and protection of rural wine-growing land;
- design and fine tuning of technological production facilities;
- machine, installation and facility security;
- organisation, rationalisation of distribution and commercialisation systems for wine production.
The degree course is established in collaboration with the Universities of Turin, Palermo, Sassari and Foggia.
Application and admission: Open with entry requirements examination.
Recommended, not mandatory
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment