Facts & Figures
This page presents the main information and indicators regarding research at the University of Milan.
This is fundamental data for understanding and measuring the impact of research on the life of citizens and on the growth of the country.
Collection and publication of data is also important for transparency, a commitment to account for the use of national public funds for development, enabling citizens to better assess the importance of public expenditure for education and research and to appreciate the results.
Italy ranks among the top positions in the world for research investment productivity.
The University of Milan boasts a strong research culture and ranks among the top universities in Italy and in the world. It is the only Italian member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- Publications in 2019: 8.453
- Open access publications in 2019: 3.553
- Top 10% area publications (SciVal): 23,7%
- Field Weighted-Citation Impact (SciVal): 1,72
- Unimi publications/national publications (SciVal): 5,77%
- Research international ranking (between 2 and 8 in Italy)
- 59.775 current students
- 136 degree programmes
- 1.772 post graduate students,
University of Milan is 5th in Italy (for dimentions).
|Students,teaching staff and reseachers||N|
|Post graduate students (master)||23.058|
|Enroled students in 2018/9||12.556|
|Graduates in 2018||11.624|
|Postgraduate schools students||319|
|Teaching and research stafff||2100|
|Reseachers under 40||150|