Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine
The Master Program in Medical biotechnology and molecular medicine is committed to form professionals, provided with a strong technical and theoretical background in order to develop scientific methodologies and coordinate research projects in the fields of applied biotechnology and translational medicine.
The Master program will provide students with a strong educational background on the genetic and molecular bases of diseases and the pathophysiological mechanisms that take place in the sick human organism, in order to develop diagnostic and therapeutic strategies based on biotechnology.
This knowledge will be integrated with a specific formation in the fields of informatics, biophysics, nanotechnology and pharmacology. The Master Program is organized in common and curricular learning with insights into neuroscience, oncology, molecular diagnostics and immunobiotechnology. The students will also learn about economic management of a scientific project, with emphasis on the construction of the business plan and cost analysis.
The second year of the course is almost entirely dedicated to research activities, finalized to generate useful data for the preparation of the final exam.
The graduate in the Master Program in Medical biotechnology and molecular medicine will be able to coordinate research projects in the field of biotechnology and molecular medicine and to collaborate with physicians in the development of novel and innovative diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. The graduate, therefore, will find employment as:
- researcher in the fields of medical biotechnology and molecular medicine;
- medical science liaison (MSL);
- clinical Monitor; market access manager;
- medical and scientific communication advisor.
Enviroment statistics (Almalaurea)
Applications and admissions: with mandatory access test.
To be admitted to the entrance test, the candidates must possess 180 ects obtained in the Bachelor's degree, of which 50 in the following sectors: BIO/09 (Physiology), BIO/10 (Biochemistry), BIO/11 (Molecular biology), BIO/12 (Clinical biochemistry), BIO/13 (Biology), BIO/14 (Pharmacology), BIO/16 (Human anatomy), BIO/18 (Genetics), BIO/19 (General microbiology), MED/01 (Medical statistics), MED/03 (Human genetics) MED/04 (General pathology and immunology), MED/05 (Clinical pathology), MED/06 (Medical oncology), MED/07 (Microbiology), MED/08 (Pathology), MED/09 (Internal medicine), MED/25 (Mental health), MED/26 (Neurology), MED/46 (Laboratory medicine), INF/01 (Informatics), FIS/07 (Medical physics).
The candidate should have a good knowledge of spoken and written English, B2 level is required and the certification has to be provided at the registration of the admission test. Bachelor's students getting their degree by December 31th can participate to the test, they will be accepted, in case of success, if they possess the prerequisites described above.
The test will be in English and will include questions on topics such as biology, biochemistry, physics, pharmacology, immunology, pathology, genetics.
Curricular learning activities will be held at Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Mediche e Medicina Traslazionale and at Istituto Nazionale per la Cura e lo Studio dei Tumori, via Venezian, 1 - 20133 Milano.
- professor Anna Marozzi curriculum Molecular diagnostics for personalized medicine
- professor Diego Maria Fornasari curriculum Neuroscience
- professor Antonino Neri curriculum Medical and experimental oncology
- professor Massimo Locati and professor Mariano Ferraresso curriculum Experimental immunology and transplantations
email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student secretary: Mrs Lucia Loseto
Dip. Biotecnologie Mediche e Medicina Traslazionale sede di via Vanvitelli, 32
- Application and enrolment information and procedures
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: