The new Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence is an international and inter-university project of the Universities of Milano-Bicocca, Milano Statale and Pavia. Taught entirely in English, the programme will have its administrative headquarters in Pavia, but classes will be held on all three campuses.
The programme trains experts in the theoretical foundations, techniques, methodologies and applications of artificial intelligence, in order to contribute to the diffusion and advancement of knowledge and skills on this subject and its applications, thus promoting technological innovation and fostering the economic and social development of our country. Graduates of the Artificial Intelligence programme will have highly interdisciplinary knowledge and skills.
They will have received solid training in the fundamentals of some areas of computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics and cognitive sciences, with a focus on the theoretical bases and techniques of artificial intelligence. They will also have ethical and legal training as required to understand the constraints that limit a socially acceptable use of these techniques.
In the final phase of training, students will have the opportunity to hone certain subjects at their choice, based on their personal goals, and learn how to apply artificial intelligence to specific areas, such as communication, automation and robotics, cognitive sciences, and physics technologies.
- Expert in Artificial Intelligence applied to data analysis and knowledge management in communication and marketing: design, development and management of IT systems and applications for data analysis and knowledge extraction to support informed decisions, especially in the fields of communication and marketing, or related fields.
- Expert in Artificial Intelligence applied to intelligent embedded systems and manufacturing processes: design, implementation and management of artificial intelligence in information systems for industrial manufacturing and environmental applications, as well as for intelligent embedded systems (e.g. consumer electronics, automotive, transportation, energy, medical systems, and medical prostheses).
- Expert in Artificial Intelligence applied to bio-inspired algorithms and human-environment interaction systems: collection, processing, classification, recognition of multimodal data for the management of Medicine-ICT interfaces and interfaces between brain activity and various medical devices, mechanical and support systems (e.g. computers, exoskeletons, movement aids), and human-environment interaction systems.
- Expert in Artificial Intelligence applied to mathematical models and physical technologies: use and optimization of measurement or laboratory instruments, sensors and complex physical systems; development of intelligent software integrated with device/equipment hardware; data and image quality analysis and improvement, understanding of their statistical properties; development of algorithms and mathematical models.
- Graduates can find employment in both the private and public sectors in small and medium-sized innovative companies, large industrial players, environment and space monitoring and management institutions, scientific institutes for research, hospitalization and healthcare (IRCCS), hospitals and research centres, R&D departments of ICT industries, manufacturing and service companies, public administrations operating in the industrial, environmental and health sectors.
- They can work with consultancy and service firms on the development of artificial intelligence tools in the fields of healthcare, banking and credit, engineering and sensors, marketing, insurance, logistics and transport, telecommunications and media.
There are several outward mobility agreements in place with international universities. The agreements entered into by the University with many universities from 30 different countries under the European Erasmus+ programme allow students to carry out part of their studies at one of the partner universities or to undertake internships at companies, training and research centres and other organizations.
Outside Europe, the Universities running the programme offer study mobility opportunities under specific agreements signed with prestigious international institutions. Training activities include courses, internships, industrial internships, traineeships and post-graduate internships.
The Universities running the programme, liaising with faculty and the Academic Board, organize information meetings with students to present international mobility opportunities and rules. Information on international mobility, including support services, will be available on the websites of the three universities, as well as on the programme's website: https://bai.unipv.it/
Applications for admission are managed by the University of Pavia: view the call for applications and get all the details on unipv.it