Assessment method "German Linguistics": intermediate written (or computer-based) tests or tests during official exam sessions.
Assessment method "Language Practice Sessions": intermediate computer-based test or test during official exam sessions.
Intermediate tests ("German Linguistics"): they take place at the end of each module. Types of questions: exercises similar to those carried out in class and in the independent study (e.g. recognition of morphemes, phonetic transcription, analysis of the structure of the sentence according to the "Felderanalyse"); theoretical questions (e.g. definition of morpheme, of affricate, of sentence). The students who pass the three intermediate tests (at least 18/30 for each) do not have to take the exam (German Linguistics) during official exam sessions.
Intermediate computer-based test ("Language Practice Sessions"): it takes place at the end of the second semester. Types of questions: exercises similar to those carried out in class and in the independent study. The students who pass the intermediate test (result of at least 18/30) do not have to take the official exam ("Language Practice Sessions").
Official exam: "Language Practice Sessions" + "German Linguistics":
1. "Language Practice Sessions" (May 2022, September 2022, January 2023): it is a computer-based test. The test is the same for both beginners and advanced students. The test is preparatory to the tests of "German Linguistics".
2. "German Linguistics" (June, July 2022; September 2022; January, February 2023): it relates to the three modules of "German Linguistics" (Morphology; Phonetics / Phonology; Syntax) and aims to verify knowledge and skills acquired during the lessons. It consists of questions of a theoretical nature (e.g. definitions of the main linguistic phenomena or comment of a slide from German to Italian) and practical (recognition of morphemes, reading of words in IPA, syntactic analysis).
- "Language Practice Sessions ": ability to actively use grammatical and lexical knowledge.
- "German Linguistics": knowledge of specialized terminology; ability to actively use the theoretical knowledge.
The final mark is composed as follows: average between the marks of "Language Practice Sessions" and "German Linguistics".
Additional important information:
- The marks of the intermediate tests are published in Ariel / Moodle.
- The assessment methods are identical for both attending and non-attending students.
- The marks obtained by students in the various intermediate tests during academic year 2021-2022 will be valid until the last exam session of the academic year, i.e. 28 February 2023 included. After that date, students will have to sit and pass all the tests again (including the ones they may have successfully sat in the past), according to the new syllabus (which may be different; please check it for changes).
- Updates and information will be published on the Ariel platform (http://mbrambillalt.ariel.ctu.unimi.it/v1/home/Default.aspx
) and on the Moodle platform (https://labonline.ctu.unimi.it/course/view.php?id=320
). Students are strongly advised to check Ariel / Moodle regularly so as to be up to date will all information and instructions.