· diagnosis in oral medicine
· elementary lesions and pathological basis of oral medicine
· the differential diagnosis of oral ulcers
· the relationship with the pathologist
· non-plaque related gingival conditions
· autoimmune bullous diseases of the oral mucous membranes
· pigmented lesions of the oral mucous membranes
· oral lichen planus and lichenoid lesions
· leukoplakia and potentially malignant disorders
· oral cancer
· oral complications in the cancer patient
· Medication related osteonecrosis of the jaw
· diagnostic delay in oral cancer and medico-legal problems
· changes in saliva and pathologies of the salivary glands
· viral infections of the oral cavity (herpes and HPV)
· oral mycoses
· HIV infection and oral cavity
· other diseases of the oral mucous membranes
· bone lesions of the jaws
· microbiome, antibiotics and oral health
· oral health and systemic health
Prerequisites for admission
Basic general pathology, basic medicine, basic pathology.
During the course will be provided and made available on Ariel, texts, articles, the slides of the lessons and other teaching material useful for the study.
Assessment methods and Criteria
One of the 100 questions provided during the course and available on Ariel will be discussed with the commission. The question will be randomly chosen by a software.
Evaluation criteria: specific knowledge of the subject, language and ability to conduct the discussion.