Prerequisites for admission
There are no specific requirements different from those requested for the degree admission.
Attendance to classes is mandatory. Laboratory is delivered through lectures aimed at providing the student with the essential tools to carry out materials aiming to popularizing 20th century science.
- building a bibliography through the available research tools (catalogues and online repertories, dictionaries, databases);
- knowing the main types of popularizing tools;
- writing up research results by using specific language of the subject.
These skills will be first acquired through classes, by practicing on popularizing tools and sources, and then through the individual drafting of a short paper and the production of a video, on the basis of reading and discussion of similar materials available in the Museum. Discussion with the teacher during lectures is integrant part of the didactic method and aims at promoting a critical attitude and the ability to apply the acquired competence and knowledge.
Laboratory is also based on didactic material provided on ARIEL.
- knowledge of one of the following books: Merzagora-Rodari La scienza in mostra Mondadori 2007; Mandarano Musei e media digitali Carocci 2018; Cardone - Masi Il museo come esperienza educativa Progedit 2018
- sources of the Museo della Scienza e della Tecnologia "Leonardo da Vinci" of Milan chosen under the supervision of the professor
completing the programme with the book Guido Ucelli di Nemi (1885-1964). Industriale, umanista, innovatore, Hoepli 2011
International and Erasmus students are invited to promptly get in touch with the lecturer in order to arrange a reading plan (available in English) for preparation.
Assessment methods and Criteria
- Method: evaluation at the end of the course
- Type of examination: in itinere assessment and at the end of the course, on the basis of attendance of lectures and writing of a short essay and a video
- Evaluation criteria: ability to demonstrate and elaborate knowledge; ability for critical reflection on the completed work; quality of expression, competence in the use of specialised lexicon, efficacy, clarity.
- Type of evaluation method: approval of 3 cfu
The format of the assesement for students with disabilities should be arranged in advance with the lecturer.