· Grossberg, Lawrence. Gli Studi Culturali, il lavoro intellettuale e la pratica politica. Saggi 2015-2021. Introduzione, traduzione e cura di Claudia Gualtieri e Roberto Pedretti. Milano, Unicopli, 2021.
Exchange students who are not proficient in Italian will be informed of Grossberg's essays in English.
· Boehmer, Elleke, La ragazza che parlava zulu e altri racconti, Roma, Historica, 2019. The book can be bought on the publisher's website: https://www.historicaedizioni.com/libri/la-ragazza-che-parlava-zulu-e-a…
(avoid other providers and order the book well in advance, delivery time is quite long).
For exchange students who are not proficient in Italian: Elleke Boehmer, Sharmilla, and Other Stories, Johannesburg, Jacana, 2010.
· Reinhard, Wolfgang, "Colonisation and Colonialism, History of", 2015. Available on the ARIEL website of the course.
· Mbembe, Achille, "The Universal Right to Breathe." Critical Inquiry Blog, April 13, 2020. Accesso libero al link: https://critinq.wordpress.com/2020/04/13/the-universal-right-to-breathe/
· De Genova, N., Mezzadra, S., Pickles, J. eds, "New Keywords: Migration and Borders", Cultural Studies 29, 1, 2015, pp. 55-87. Available in the university digital library.
· Gualtieri, Claudia. "Né qui / né là: scrivere (e leggere) di tanti mondi", in Boehmer, Elleke, La ragazza che parlava zulu e altri racconti, Roma, Historica, 2019, pp. 5-35.
· Radcliffe, Sarah A., "Geography and Indigeneity I: Indigeneity, coloniality and knowledge", Progress in Human Geography, 21, 2, 2017, pp. 220-229. Available in the university digital library.
· Hunt, Sarah, "Ontologies of Indigeneity: the politics of embodying a concept", Cultural Geographies, 21, 1, 2014, pp. 27-32. Available in the university digital library.
Analysis and critical comment of the following websites:
· Beat Nation: Hip hop as indigenous culture http://www.beatnation.org/
· Nicholas Galanin, Tsu Heidei Shugaxtutaan Part 1 and 2, 2008, Vancouver Art Galleryhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue30aKV1LF8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg2c1jtm59o
· Sacred Clown by Skeens Reecehttps://vimeo.com/17194273
· Michelle Latimer, Choke, 2010https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLMssWFJD7A
· Walking with our sistershttp://walkingwithoursisters.ca/
· The Respect to Bill Reid Polehttp://www.virtualmuseum.ca/virtual-exhibits/exhibit/the-respect-to-bil…
· Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver https://moa.ubc.ca/
· The Manitoba Museum in Winnipeghttps://manitobamuseum.ca/
· Manitoba Metis Federationhttp://www.mmf.mb.ca/who_are_the_metis.php
· National Centre for Truth and Reconciliationhttps://nctr.ca/
Study materials, readings and exam procedures are the same for attending and non-attending students.