Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine
- Bilateral agreements in the framework of the Erasmus + programme with: University of Leuven (Katolieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium), Leids Universitair Medish Centrum (LUMC) of the University of Leiden (Netherland) and University of Cantabria (Universidad de Cantabria, Spain).
- Traineeship with: Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB - Bellinzona, Switzerland), Tohoku Medical and Pharmaceutical Univesity (Japan), Tokushima University (Japan).
In recent years, a growing number of students have developed their professionalism and the European dimension of their training through residence periods abroad. Associated universities represent highly recognized European institutions, featuring reference schools (Master and PhD schools) in biomedical sciences and offer the possibility of carrying out research activities in a wide range of scientific fields covered by the Degree Programme. The students will thus be offered exciting opportunities to enhance their CVs and evaluate their interests in extending their careers in the international setting.
The Master course in Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine offers second year students the possibility to carry out the entire practical training for the preparation of their final thesis work in one of the aforementioned institutions or with other institutions with which an agreement has been established. The student will have to define a research project related to his/her course of studies and curricular training, with the joint agreement of both the Unimi and the foreign tutors. The period abroad amounts to 9 months equivalent to 32 credits. A positive evaluation of the period abroad is required. The latter should be defined by the tutor in the foreign university, the Unimi tutor and is subjected to the approval by the Unimi Didactic Council. Erasmus students who obtain outstanding results, proved by an official evaluation letter of the foreign tutor to the President of the Masters Commission, will be rewarded with 1-2 additional points in the final Laurea Grade.
Besides general informative meetings organized by the University, the Degree course in Medical Biotechnology provides specific support to interested/selected students through the organization of specific informative session and/or meeting with the tutor for mobility.
The student is required to attend all the teaching activities, with a tolerance of no more than 25% of the hours.
Students are required to sign their attendance at each learning activities. Should the number of absences be higher than 25%, the Teaching Committee will take the necessary measures
Places available: 65 + 10 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 16/04/2021 to 31/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 08/10/2021 to 12/10/2021
Curricular learning activities will be held at Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Mediche e Medicina Traslazionale and at Istituto Nazionale per la Cura e lo Studio dei Tumori, via Venezian, 1 - 20133 Milano.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment