Action: Erasmus+ KA202 - Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training 2020
Cancer of the mouth is a significant health problem across the globe. being often diagnosed at late stages, precluding successful treatment in terms of survival and quality of life. Cancer of the mouth is often preceded by non-malignant lesions, thus a better knowledge of such conditions could improve primary and secondary prevention. The aim of the project is to strengthen professional skills of healthcare workers on the oral potentially malignant disorders, by carrying out an accessible, multidimensional, multilingual e-learning project.
Coordinator: King's College London (United Kingdom)
Unimi Coordinator: Giovanni Lodi
- Marcio Diniz Freitas, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Luis Manuel Duarte Martins Da Silva, Cooperativa de Ensino Superior Politécnico e Universitário, CRL. (CESPU) (Portugal)
- Vlaho Brailo, University of Zagreb School of Dental Medicine (Croatia)
- Jean-Christophe Fricain, Université de Bordeaux (France)
- To provide an e-learning tool about Oral Medicine for healthcare professionals, embracing the recognition, investigation, diagnosis and management of patients presenting with OPMDs. This will be accessible to European Union healthcare professionals and translated into several languages (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Croatian and Spanish).
- To strengthen the ties among European Union educational and professional health institutions by sharing best practices about PMD
- To increase professionals’ skills and improve their personal portfolios, whilst taking into account the language/content differences between the countries’ education systems.
EU healthcare professionals dealing with oral medicine