FINANCE AND ECONOMICS (MEF)
Graduates in Finance and Economics course will receive advanced training on quantitative methodologies and tools suitable to interpret and analyze the economic and financial phenomena and to operate directly on financial markets or in international economic institutions.
The study program is designed to provide the students with solid background through the development of topics of economic theory, analysis of international financial markets and the theory of decision making under uncertainty.
It includes study of financial markets from both the point of view of international law, history and economics.
The Master course in Finance and Economics aims at forming the following professional profiles:
- Analyst and financial advisers;
- Operator of financial markets and financial intermediary;
- Manager or Director of the departments of finance, financial institutions or international economic institutions;
- Professionals in the management of programs and projects of international development.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Applications and admissions: free.
Applicants will be invited to an interview.
To attend the Master programme in Finance and Economics (MEF) it is necessary to have adequate knowledge of mathematics, economics, statistics and econometrics at undergraduate level.
- Applicants with an Italian degree (ex. DM 270/04 or equivalent ex. DM 509/99) from one of the following classes: Ingegneria civile e ambientale (L-7), Ingegneria dell’informazione (L-8), Ingegneria industriale (L-9), Scienze dell’amministrazione e dell’organizzazione (L-16), Scienze dell’economia e della gestione aziendale (L-18), Scienze della comunicazione (L-20), Scienze e tecnologie fisiche (L-30), Scienze e tecnologie informatiche (L-31), Scienze e tecnologie per l’ambiente e la natura (L-32), Scienze economiche (L-33), Scienze matematiche (L-35), Scienze politiche e delle relazioni internazionali (L-36), Scienze sociali per la cooperazione, lo sviluppo e la pace (L-37), Statistica (L-41).
- Students from undergraduate classes other than the above listed and students with foreign qualification can enrol to the course after positive judgement of the Admission Board provided they have acquired a certain number of credits in specific scientific-disciplinary sectors specified in the Manifesto degli Studi.
Applicants who meet the minimum entry requirements (irrespective of their nationality) are assessed by the Admission Board, those who fall below the minimum standard are not admitted, those who excel are admitted and the remaining go through an additional verification step. The Admission Board reserves the possibility to request the applicant an oral interview for admission, held in English language and exclusively done via electronic devices (eg.: via skype).
Applicants may submit also a letter of motivation and ask an external Referee to prepare and send directly to the Master’s degree Secretariat, by post or fax or e-mail directly a recommendation letter for them. With the application, each candidate must also prepare a curriculum vitae.
All documents required must satisfy the mandatory format and templates approved by the Faculty Board, downloadable from the MEF web page.
One of the most effective policies adopted by European Union in the last years has been the internationalization of higher education. The various Erasmus programmes that have been implemented since the nineties have greatly increased the mobility of European students.
Being a brand-new programme with an internationally oriented educational core strategy, MEF promotes a wide internationalization of their students, and therefore strongly encourages them to spend part of their studies abroad in Erasmus+ Programmes.
Erasmus+ provides opportunities to study, train, gain work experience and skills. Students can go abroad from 3 up to 12 months (including a complementary traineeship period, if planned), and may receive additional grants for studying or training. At the end of their foreign stay, students get full recognition of completed activities in terms of credits for their degree. Student mobility is carried out in the framework of prior "inter-institutional agreements" between the sending and receiving institutions.
Students can also join the traineeship programme (Placement), by going abroad from 2 up to 12 months, starting their traineeship from the first year of study. For a traineeship which is an integral part of the curriculum, the sending institution must give full academic recognition for the period spent abroad. For a traineeship that is not part of the curriculum of the student, the sending institution shall provide recognition at least by recording this period in the Diploma Supplement or, in the case of recent graduates, by providing a traineeship certificate. Traineeship may also be established with private and public companies, educational or research centers other than the hosting institution, especially in the field of finance.
MEF academic staff has strong relations with some important European universities, in particular in Germany, France and Poland but also outside the EU, and is actively involved in research and education networks, so that students' activity abroad (including the development of the final dissertation) can be successfully supervised. Short exchange programs are in place with the HSBC Business School - Peking University Shenzhen (China), Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (Moscow, Russian Federation).
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: