Lessons will be between January and February 2021. More informations on the website of the course pn the platform Ariel (https://ariel.unimi.it/
The seminary lessons will deal the following themes:
Lessons are only reserved for the students accepted. The arguments of the workshop are:
- Indigenous peoples and their rights: what is intended for? Different prospects in studying (the historical approach, the political approach, the theoretical point of view, the sociological and the anthropological perspectives).
- The recognition of indigenous peoples in the international scenario.
- The definition of "indigenous people".
- The development in the relationships between indigenous peoples and national States in Latin America during the XIX and the XX centuries; the rising of indigenous rights in the Latin-American context.
- The recognition of indigenous rights in Latin-American legal systems. Peculiarities and problematic aspects.
- The diffusion of the 'modelo extractivista' or 'neo-extractivista' in Latin America and the indigenous rights.
- The protection of indigenous rights to lands and territories.
- Right to consultation and to free prior and informed consent (CPLI).
- The role of indigenous patronage.
- The competences and the importance of the Comisión Interamericana de Derechos Humanos and of the Corte Interamericana de Derechos Humanos.
- Analysis of some peculiar and actual cases (e.g. Bolivia, Ecuador, Argentina and Brazil).