Dietetics graduates are healthcare operators qualified to carry out all activities connected with the correct application of diet, including educational aspects and the joint implementation of food policies in accordance with existing laws. Graduates organise and coordinate specific activities relating to food in general and, in particular, dietetics.
They work with the bodies responsible for the maintenance of hygiene in the food service; draw up, formulate and implement diets prescribed by a doctor and check they are accepted by the patient; and work with other professionals to provide multidisciplinary treatments for eating disorders. They research and draw up food rations designed to satisfy the nutritional requirements of population groups, and organise food services for sick and healthy communities.
They provide educational and informative initiatives geared at informing people about correct dietary principles, so as to foster the recovery and maintenance the good health of the individual, the community and population groups.
Dietetics graduates can work in the following fields:
- clinical nutrition, dietology and hospital pharmacy services in public and private hospitals;
- meal and canteen services for schools, communities, industries and other establishments;
- community outpatient services under the health system offering hygiene, food and nutrition education and dietary assistance in the home;
- the planning and organisation of initiatives, also educational, in the food and nutrition sector;
- industries in the food sector.
Application and admissions: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
- Referenti del Corso:
- Prof. Alberto Battezzati
- Dott.ssa Erna Lorenzini
- Dott.ssa Anita Ferraretto
- Segreteria Corso di Laurea
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
- Prof. Massimo Zuin
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: