Economics and Management (EMA)
The BA in Management Studies and Economics is a challenging programme enabling students to combine their studies of management with a particular focus on economic issues. This three-year degree course focuses on understanding economic phenomena from all their different perspectives so that the graduates will obtain the necessary knowledge required by he national and global job market.
The undergraduate degree programme explores issues that are crucial for the world we live in: how the economy and organisations work, and how resources are allocated and coordinated to achieve the objectives that are set. Economics and management are ideal intellectual partners, each one being particularly suitable to strengthen and cross-fertilise the other. Economics provides the broader understanding of economic activity within which all organisations work; management, in turn, analyses the character and goals of that functioning. The first two years include courses in economics, management, math, law and statistics so as to provide students with a solid foundation for the third year. Depending on the profession they would like to enter, students can then choose, in the third year, specialised courses to further increase their knowledge in the areas of marketing, finance and economics.
Competencies expected from Bachelors in Economics and Management
· Understanding of the foundations of Management and Economics through an introduction to the following basic subjects:
· political economics, microeconomics, macroeconomics,...
· main roles in business: accounting, finance, marketing,
· legal, societal, and human environment of organizations
· methodological tools (mathematical modeling, statistics, )
· Ability to critically apply learned knowledge to real situations observed in a simple field situation and/or in a transversal context
· Ability to summarize and communicate the knowledge acquired and the observations made
· Ability to integrate management decisions into their economic context (mixed training)
Our partners are selected among the most prestigious academic institutions in United Kingdom (University of Leicester), in Spain (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad de Barcellona, Universidad de Salamanca, Universidad de Oviedo e Universidad de A Coruna), France (Université de Cergy Pontoise), in Switzerland (Université de Fribourg), and other European countries.
The modules offered by our partners include core subjects and disciplines of Economics and Management such as Management, Economics, Accounting, Marketing.
The choice of modules is made by students before their departure in collaboration with the programme coordinator; the credits are recognized officially and included in the curriculum at the end of the exchange period.
Places available: 250 + 12 reserved for non-EU citizens + 1 reserved for students in the Marco Polo project
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 15/03/2022 to 26/05/2022
Application for matriculation: from 17/06/2022 to 23/06/2022
Application for admission: from 04/07/2022 to 05/09/2022
Application for matriculation: from 12/09/2022 to 19/09/2022
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment