Law and Sustainable Development
The programme provides students with an advanced understanding of contemporary legal and socio-economic dynamics, characterised by interdependence, increasing complexity, rapid evolution, and integration between different fields of knowledge, as well as by a pluralist legal landscape, in which the traditional boundaries between levels (international, supranational, and domestic) and sources (public/private) of regulation are blurring.
In this context, students will develop an advanced understanding of the theoretical foundations of sustainability processes and the ethical implications of the choices made in this field by policy-makers and regulators, as well as by economic and social actors. They will also acquire an in-depth knowledge of the international and European legal framework applicable to the design and implementation of sustainability policies by international and supranational organisations, national and local public authorities, corporations (both in the domestic and transnational dimension), and organisations of the civil society (including NGOs).
The LLM is committed to support the students' choice as to possible destinations and to create further opportunities in the near future.
The LL.M. also offers two possibilities of double degrees*
- QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY: Following the successful completion of the first year of study in the LLM in Law and Sustainable Development, students may be granted admission to one of the Master's degree courses offered by Queen Mary University, at a discounted fee. Admitted students will spend the whole second year in London. Upon successful completion of the two Master's programmes, students will be awarded both the UNIMI Master's Programme and the Queen Mary University law degree.
- UNIVERSIDAD DEL PAÍS VASCO: after attending the first year of the LL.M. in Law and Sustainable Development, students may be granted admission to the one-year International Master in Sociology of Law of Universidad Del País Vasco and be awarded the Double Degree.
*the process of renewal of the relevant agreements is still ongoing.
Application for admission: from 15/03/2022 to 31/05/2022
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2022 to 16/01/2023
Attachments and documents
Non-EU visa applicants are required to apply for admission no later than 31 May 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be evaluated and it will in no case be possible to request the refund of the admission fee.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment