Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products
To be admitted to a 2nd course/level degree course, a 1st level degree or a suitable equivalent foreign qualification is required (see also the "Admission criteria" section).
Access to the Master in "Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products" (SAXBi) is open to:
- graduates with Italian degree (ex. DM 270/04 or equivalent ex. DM 509/99) in the areas L2 or L29;
- graduates from areas other than the above listed, provided they have earned the following credits:
- at least 9 credits (ECTS) in disciplines of CHIM/01, CHIM/03 or CHIM/06 (analytical chemistry; general and inorganic chemistry; organic chemistry);
- at least 5 credits in disciplines BIO/09 (physiology);
- at least 12 credits in disciplines BIO/10, BIO/11 or BIO/13 (biochemistry; molecular biology; applied biology);
- at least 6 credits in disciplines BIO/14 (pharmacology/toxicology);
Students with foreign qualification recognised as equivalent may access to the Master in SAXBi if they can demonstrate background knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and physiology, equivalent to those listed above. A committee of teachers appointed by the Board of Faculty will check the presence of these requirements.
Students meeting the above minimum requirements are invited to an interview for admission (in English) with the Commission for Admittance to the Master, composed by teaching members appointed by the Teaching Board. The interview, done remotely via electronic devices if necessary, is aimed at verifying the above mentioned skills and the knowledge of the English Language equivalent to B2 level.
Students who have not yet graduated but who expect to graduate by December 2021 can also apply for admission to the Master in SAXBi.
Interviews of applicants will be held according to a calendar proposed individually to each applicant.
The committee evaluates the candidate on a 100-point scale:
-up to 25/100 will be given for the graduation mark
-up to 25/100 for the curriculum (free courses, others...)
-up to 50/100 for the interview
The minimum requirement for admission is 60/100.
- continue their studies by attending courses and the respective exams;
- carry out the thesis.
Each student is followed by a tutor identified within the Course. https://www.unimi.it/en/international/study-abroad/studying-abroad-eras… lists all the information related to the fields of study and training opportunities offered by the host locations. Procedure for the recognition of study periods abroad: each student must propose a Learning Agreement regarding training activities that lead to the recognition of a number of credits adequate to the period spent abroad.
The period of study abroad will be recognized as valid after obtaining at least 70% of the credits specified in the learning agreement, while the activity of the thesis or internship will be valid only after acquisition of all credits. For students who have accomplished satisfactorily the training program, there are appropriate incentives, proposed by the teacher in charge, will be paid by the Faculty in the diploma achievement session. It provides additional points to the degree mark varying from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 points depending on the duration of the study period, the amount of credits attained, and the overall results obtained by the student
Lectures are held in the classrooms indicated in the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
All the classrooms are accessible to students with disabilities.
Laboratory activities are held in the labs of the Faculty of Pharmacy, according to the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Suggestions to improve
- Enrolment and Admission
- Student Office of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences Dr.ssa Antonella Masi
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
+3902 5031 8231
- Student Desks
Via Celoria 18, Milano
+3902 5032 5032
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment