Teaching at the University of Milan by direct recruitment
The University of Milan invests financial resources and in HR to recruit directly ERC-winning Principal Investigators.
The direct recruitment of associate and full professors pursuant to law no. 240 of 2010 is an important innovation in talent selection. We have embraced a European approach based on international, transparent research excellence standards.
Since 2012, the University of Milan has recruited directly:
- 6 associate professors from among internal winners (ERC Starting and Consolidator);
- 14 professors (9 associate professors plus 5 full professors) from among external winners (ERC Starting, Consolidator and Advanced), through the funding portability system (12 researchers from other Italian institutions and 2 from abroad, the latter benefiting from additional funding that the Cariplo Foundation allocates to international ERC winners who move to Lombardy with their grant).
i-MIRNOME Lymphocyte microRNAs in health and disease: Understanding lymphocyte functions through the identification of microRNA target genes and exploiting serum microRNA signatures to monitor immune responses
TRANSLATE Noncoding and Translational Modulation of Gene Expression and Epigenetic Changes
- SPHERE "SPHERE: Susceptibility to Particle Health Effects, miRNAs and Exosomes"
- VERA: Extracellular VEsicles, miRNAs and particulate Air pollution: developing a new tool to identify subjects with high exposure-associated cardiovascular risk
bECOMiNG spontaneous Evolution and Clonal heterOgeneity in MoNoclonal Gammopathies: from mechanisms of progression to clinical management
HD-DittoGraph HD-DittoGraph: a digital human Embryonic Stem Cell platform for Huntington's repeats
DNAMEREP The role of essential DNA metabolism genes in vertebrate chromosome replication
IceCommunities Reconstructing community dynamics and ecosystem functioning after glacial retreat
FLARE Floral Integrating Networks at the Shoot Apical Meristem of Rice
WAYS Role of Liver Estrogen Receptor in female Energy Metabolism, Reproduction and Aging: What About Your Liver Sexual Functions?
RegeneratioNfix Role of the transcription factor Nfix in muscle regeneration and muscular dystrophies
- noMAGIC Noninvasive Manipulation of Gating in Ion Channels
- BREAK Blue light remote analgesia with K+ channels
- TICK Temperature InduCed K+ channel as a tool to treat neuropathic pain
FIGHT-CANCER Long non-coding RNAs of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes as novel anti-cancer therapeutic targets
DissectPcG Dissecting the Function of Multiple Polycomb Group Complexes in Establishing Transcriptional Identity
PANDORA Pandemics Outbreaks Rationalized: towards a universal therapy to eliminate intracellular pathogens and drug resistance
- DISEASEAVATARS Modeling Disease through Cell Reprogramming: a Translational Approach to the Pathogenesis of Syndromes Caused by Symmetrical Gene Dosage Imbalances
- LSDiASD Leveraging Small Demethylase inhibitors for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- DUPDOWN Deacetylase inhibitors for autism spectrum disorders: an integrated preclinical validation pipeline in brain organoids and in vivo models
SEMICOMPLEX Divide and conquer ab initio semiclassical molecular dynamics for spectroscopic calculations of complex systems
NNNPDF Proton strucure for discovery at the Large Hadron Collider
DARKLIGHT Illuminating Dark Energy with the next generation of cosmological redshift surveys
SELDOM "Search for the electric dipole moment of strange and charm baryons at LHC
ERACHRON Eradicating Chronic Infections ERC-2017-STG
StabCondEn Stability Conditions, Moduli Spaces and Enhancements
- SIZEFFECTS Size effects in fracture and plasticity ERC-2011-ADG
- METADESIGN On demand design of reversible shape changing metamaterials
COD The economic, social and political consequences of democratic reforms. A quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis
- REScEU Reconciling Economics and Social Europe: Values Ideas and Politics
- SOLID Policy Crisis and Crisis Politics. Sovereignty, Solidarity and Identity in the EU post 2008.
CRAFTWORK Craft work: Understanding the relationship between identity and work in the context of the future of work
TACITROOTS The Accademia del Cimento in Florence: tracing the roots of the European scientific enterprise
DESPO De-industrializing Societies and the Political Consequences
SHARE Seizing the Hybrid Areas of work by Re-presenting self-Employment
EMoBookTrade The Early Modern Book Trade: An Evidence-based Reconstruction of the Economic and Juridical Framework of the European Book Market
AN-ICON An-Iconology: History, Theory, and Practices of Environmental Images