MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE CELL
An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge will be provided for the following subjects: molecular genome analysis; regulation of gene expression; structure and function of biological macromolecules and their interactions in supramolecular complexes; cellular communication, signal perception and transduction, metabolic regulation, biomolecular engineering and computing. Both theoretical and practical aspects of biomolecular research will be addressed. Graduate students will learn to apply novel and emerging research technologies/approaches, cutting-edge data acquisition systems and analysis, and will have hands-on experience with top-level nanotechnology, hosted in the research laboratories of the DBS. MBC graduates will be perfectly suited for entering a PhD school for advanced education.
The MBC Master Degree course provides the necessary training to independently practice biology, or to be employed in:
-basic and applied research activity in universities and in other public or private research centers;
-biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, spin-off and startup companies for self-directed and independent work, enabling graduates to hold positions of responsibility in the implementation of research projects;
-promotion and development of the scientific and technological innovation;
-planning and management of industrial technologies;
-functions of high responsibility in the industrial, environmental, health care, and public service sectors;
- biology teaching at all levels.
In addition, graduates will access sectors such as environmental science, scientific dissemination, intellectual property (patents) and business management. Moreover, full immersion English courses, provided by MBC, will allow graduates to perform equally well in job seeking in Italy and abroad.
The MBC graduate can be legally admitted to the "A Section" of the National Biologists Register.
Indicatively, the different sectors of the labor market accessible to Master graduates are hereafter outlined, with reference to the intellectual, scientific and highly-specialized professions provided by the ISTAT 2008, NUP Isfol-Istat Classification of Professions:
· Biologists and related professions - (188.8.131.52.1)
· Researchers and technicians graduated in the area of biological sciences - (184.108.40.206.1)
Entry is open to:
- Graduates in Biological Sciences (Class L-13) from any Italian University that follows CBUI rules, as adequately certified (www.cbui.unito.it). In this case, credits acquired by the candidate as an undergraduate will be fully recognized and will meet the curricular prerequisites.
- Biological Sciences (Class L-13) graduates from Universities that do not follow CBUI rules, graduates in other related areas and foreign graduates, who have acquired a title equivalent to the I level degree by Italian law, are requested to have earned at last 90 CFU in Biological Sciences (of Class L-13) subjects, including: basic subjects (such as mathematics, physics, statistics, informatics) and biological subjects (such as biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, general physiology, plant biology, developmental biology, others).
Students lacking adequate curricular requirements can contact the Coordinator of the Master course well in advance in order to plan acquisition of the requested CFU before the application deadline. The lacking CFU can be acquired by passing the relevant exams at the University of Milan or any other University.
The candidate's background knowledge in Biology will be verified by an interview.
For all students, the minimum requirement for knowledge of the English language is B1 level ("lower intermediate") of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages or equivalent certification.
The Erasmus+ call is released each year, usually in February. More information can be found at www.unimi.it >Studenti>Studiareall'estero> Erasmus+.
Accepted students must present a study plan that reports all the activities he/she intends to perform abroad, detailing the corresponding CFU; the number of proposed CFUs should approximately correspond to those the student would have achieved over the same time period in his/her university. The proposed study plan, to be carried out under the Erasmus+ program, must be coherent with the MBC course content and must be evaluated and approved by the Teaching Board. If necessary, the Teaching Board may request the student to integrate the program of exams taken abroad. In accordance with the rules established by the Academic Senate, following completion of the Erasmus+ program, approved exams will be registered, possibly with the original denomination, as part of the student's curriculum, upon the conversion of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) into CFU.
If the student performs the experimental thesis work abroad, he/she must follow the rules outlined above (see Internship criteria and Rules for the thesis and final exam).
- Student information office
Via Celoria, 26 2nd floor, tower A
Opening times: from Monday to Friday, 10-11:45
- Student administrative office
via Celoria, 22.
+39(0039) 199188128/From abroad: 0039 056676357.
Students Information Service:
- MBC email
- Matriculation and enrollment
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico sono composte da due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- la prima rata è uguale per tutti
- la seconda rata, detta contributo onnicomprensivo, è di importo variabile in base al tipo di corso, al reddito familiare, al merito, al corso di laurea e allo stato della carriera.
Per conoscere l’importo della seconda rata è disponibile il simulatore online. Si possono inoltre consultare gli esempi e la modalità di calcolo
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al paese per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato politico
Maggiori informazioni alla pagina: Tasse anno corrente
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: