The degree programme in Chemistry is specifically designed to equip graduates with the ideal competences and knowledge needed to pursue a career in the field of chemical research. The degree programme in Chemistry aims to prepare students either to pursue further study or to immediately enter professional roles in the workplace.
The curriculum covers the experimental techniques required for chemical synthesis, the evaluation of the chemical and physico - chemical properties of substances, calculation tools and analysis methods.
The curriculum is designed to provide graduates with:
- sufficient knowledge of the various fields of chemistry, covering basic, theoretic, experimental and practical aspects, and a firm grounding in the fields of mathematics and physics;
- good command of the tools used for specific chemical knowledge and their relationship with other scientific and technical fields of study;
- a firm grasp of experimental laboratory methods;
- the comprehensive chemical knowledge required to assume positions that require familiarity with scientific methodology;
- the capacity to apply innovative methods and techniques and make use of complex equipment;
- the ability to adapt to changes in the field, collaborate with associated professions, and to pursue further study through the master degree programme.
Chemistry graduates can undertake professional opportunities through initiatives organised by the Council of Didactic Coordination and surveys carried out by bodies in the sector. On the strength of their training, graduates are equipped to engage in professional control and analysis procedures, and to pursue public and private research laboratory work in the following fields, applying the specific investigative methods they have developed: the synthesis and characterisation of new products and materials, health, food, and the cosmetic sector.
They can enter roles in public and private research authorities, analysis, control and quality certification laboratories, and all industries and working environments that require basic chemical training. Upon successful completion of the State Examination, it is then possible for graduates to register with the National Register of Chemists as Junior Chemists.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Additional learning obligations (OFA)
Students who do not pass the entrance examination on maths, are assigned additional learning obligations (OFA, Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi) that they must fulfil in accordance with the provisions of the Programme Structure.
OFA: English language
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
mandatory for laboratory courses; strongly recommended for other teaching courses.
- Ufficio per la Didattica del Dipartimento di Chimica
Via Golgi, 19 - 20133 MILANO
firstname.lastname@example.org, skype: segreteriachimica
dal lunedì al venerdì ore 10.00-12.00, in altri orari su appuntamento
- Dipartimento di Chimica
Via Golgi, 19 - 20133 MILANO
- Segreterie studenti
Via Celoria, 22 - 20133 MILANO
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
- Referente AQ del Corso di Laurea
Prof. Daniele Passarella
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: