Dental Hygiene graduates are healthcare professionals who perform tasks relating to the prevention of oral and dental disorders, under the direction of dentists and physicians qualified to practice dentistry.
Dental Hygiene graduates:
- provide dental health education services;
- assist with primary prevention projects under the National Health System;
- assist in the compilation of dental and oral health medical files and deal with technical and statistical data collection;
- deal with calculus removal, root planning and the local application of various preventive devices;
- offer training in the different oral hygiene methods and in the use of suitable diagnostic means for revealing bacterial plaque and tooth deposits, stressing the need for periodic clinical checks;
- highlight rules of healthy eating for dental health protection.
Dental Hygiene graduates can work in public and private dental clinics authorised under current regulations, in a freelance or employed capacity.
A sufficient command of English enables graduates to enter relevant working environments not only nationally but also at a European and non-European level.
Limited enrolment with admission test.
For further information on the number of places and the date of the admission test, please visit the website www.unimi.it – “Prospective students”.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
- Fondazione I.R.C.C.S. Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico - Milano (e strutture convenzionate quali l'Ospedale Militare Principale - Via Saint Bon n° 7 Milano; Istituti Milanesi Martinitt e Stelline e Pio Albergo Trivulzio - Via Marostica n° 8 Milano; l'Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII di Bergamo; l'Ospedale Civile di Legnano di Legnano);
- ASST Santi Paolo e Carlo - Milano (Unità di Odontostomatologia 1, Unità di Odontostomatologia 2) e strutture convenzionate quali l'Ospedale Ortopedico Galeazzi di Via Galeazzi n° 4, Milano.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment