have a solid understanding of human biological systems;
be able to describe the systems and apparati of the human body, with particular emphasis on the structures of the head and oral cavity, and all histological framework for the same;
have a solid understanding of microbiology and general pathology;
have basic computer skills, with the ability to apply these in practice, and using these to begin to develop and strengthen mathematical-statistic techniques;
know the key principles of epidemiology, the methods of disease transmission, the complications from cavities, as well as all methods of preventing and filling cavities;
know how to describe the key frameworks for oral-mucosal diseases, know the methods of transmission of infectious diseases, and prevention of cross-infections;
know how to describe the framework for preventing illness in adults and children, as well as congenital deformities, relating to the principles of pharmacological therapies to empirical data;
be familiar with one's local national-health-service facilities and clinics, regulations on x-ray safeguards, and the related legal concepts;
be able to establish a proper relationship with the patient, positioning it within the framework of current behavioural-analysis, communication, and patient education / consent techniques;
recognise anomalies in terms of position and number of teeth, inter-maxillary relationships, issues in their treatment, and the increased risk of contracting periodontal disease, and how to prevent them;
be familiar with etiopathogenesis, diagnosis, prophylaxis, and prevention of dental and periodontal disease in children and youth;
possess an adequate understanding of etiopathogenesis, and diagnosis of inflammatory diseases of the tissues supporting the teeth (gingivitis and periodontal disease); know how to describe and perform home and professional dental hygiene;
be able to provide first aid whether within one's clinic or hospital, or in the community;
have English-language proficiency as required by one's specific job duties, and simple exchanges of information;
possess the proper cognitive tools needed to read and understand scientific literature, and to use IT technologies for professional communication, management, and planning.
Places available: 60 + 2 reserved for non-EU citizens + 1 reserved for students in the Marco Polo project
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 08/07/2021 to 26/08/2021
Admission test date : 14/09/2021
Application for matriculation: from 21/09/2021 to 27/09/2021
enrolment Le immatricolazioni si aprono il 21 settembre alle 14:00 e si chiudono alle ore 14:00 del 27 settembre.
- Fondazione I.R.C.C.S. Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico - Milano (e strutture convenzionate quali l'Ospedale Militare Principale - Via Saint Bon n° 7 Milano; Istituti Milanesi Martinitt e Stelline e Pio Albergo Trivulzio - Via Marostica n° 8 Milano; l'Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII di Bergamo; l'Ospedale Civile di Legnano di Legnano);
- ASST Santi Paolo e Carlo - Milano (Unità di Odontostomatologia 1, Unità di Odontostomatologia 2) e strutture convenzionate quali l'Ospedale Ortopedico Galeazzi di Via Galeazzi n° 4, Milano.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment