Neurophysiopathology Techniques graduates are healthcare professionals engaged in the diagnosis of nervous system disorders, qualified to directly apply specific neurologic and neurosurgical diagnostic methodologies on medical prescription (electroencephalography, electroneuromyography, polygraphs, evoked potentials, ultrasounds).
Graduates apply the most appropriate methods for the recording of bioelectric phenomena, working directly with the patient and the equipment so as to prepare a diagnostic and instrumental programme of action or neurophysiological research programme prepared in advance in close collaboration with the specialist physician.
They manage all aspects of the work involved in collecting and optimising the various diagnostic methodologies, on the subject of which, on request, they must then draft a descriptive report from a technical perspective.
They are directly responsible for the application and end result of the diagnostic method employed; they use diagnostic and instrumental methodologies to verify electrocerebral activity for clinical and/or medical and legal purposes, and are in charge of preparing and testing the instruments and equipment allocated.
Graduates in Neurophysiopathology Techniques operate in:
- the neurophysiopathology divisions of university clinics and hospitals that require their professional services;
- private general outpatients' clinics;
- industrial and commercial firms that produce neurophysiological equipment dedicated to the fine tuning, testing and monitoring of related equipment.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Admission: Limited enrolment with admission test
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English.
Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
- Referenti del Corso:
- Prof. Raffaello Nemni
- Prof.ssa Maria Paola Canevini
- Prof. Alberto Priori
- Segreteria Corso di Laurea dott. Massimo Garegnani
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment