Paediatric Health Nurses are professional healthcare figures responsible for the provision of paediatric nursing assistance of a technical, relational and educational nature to infants and children, covering preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative concerns.
Their primary duties relate to the prevention of disease, care for the sick and disabled persons during infancy and childhood, and health education. In particular, they:
- assist in identifying the physical and psychic needs of new-born babies, children, adolescents, and their families;
- identify paediatric nursing care requirements and establish the related objectives;
- plan, conduct and assess paediatric nursing care;
- assist in health education initiatives in the family and community;
- assist in the care of healthy individuals during infancy and adolescence as part of programmes relating to health promotion and the prevention of accidents and disease;
- assist in outpatient, home and hospital care for new-born babies and minors under the age of 18 suffering from acute and chronic diseases;
- assist in the care of adolescents as part of preventive, health and welfare programmes;
- ensure that diagnostic and curative prescriptions are correctly applied;
- act both individually and in collaboration with other healthcare and social workers, calling upon the services of support staff where necessary.
The course leads to qualified professional status and enables graduates to practice in public or private healthcare facilities both in the community and through domiciliary care, in a freelance or employed capacity. Graduates can also enter further education programmes such as the Nursing and Midwifery Sciences master’s degree and other training programmes, without additional learning obligations.
Limited enrolment with admission test.
For further information on the number of places and the date of the admission test, please visit the website www.unimi.it – “Prospective students”.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: