The degree programme in Veterinary Medicine is designed to equip graduates with competences in:
- the provision of medical assistance with animal husbandry;
- the prevention and treatment of infectious and parasitic animal diseases;
- the protection of public health from diseases which can be transmitted from animals to humans;
- the testing of foods of animal origin;
- the protection of ecological balance and wildlife heritage.
The degree programme offers students sufficient training to operate in the veterinary field (animal health, foods, environment and animal welfare) within the National Health Service, upon successful completion of the relevant specialisation qualifications, both in Local Health Authorities and in Experimental Veterinary Preventive Medicine Institutes.
Graduates can also pursue freelance work in these fields, in relation to the zootechnical industry (fodder, supplements, genetic selection and husbandry development), the pharmaceutical industry (consultancy and technical support, research and development, regulation and recording) and the food industry (production hygiene, processing technologies and the management of the production of foods of animal origin).
It also covers areas more traditionally associated with the veterinary profession, namely veterinary clinics and on-site treatment, surgical and veterinary obstetrics and gynaecology in productive livestock and pets, in addition to the more innovative fields of behavioural science. Other career opportunities can also be pursued in international organisations, within the European Community or within the sphere of cooperation and development.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
- Segreteria Didattica e Studenti
Via Dell'Università, 6 - Lodi
La segreteria è aperta al pubblico previo appuntamento tramite il servizio infostudente (http://www.unimi.it/studenti/segreterie/773.htm) nei giorni: Martedì 13:00 - 15:00 Mercoledì 9:00 - 12:00 Giovedì 13:00 - 15:00
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
- Centro ClinicoVeterinario e ZootecnicoSperimentale DAteneo
Via dell'Università 6, Lodi.
+39tel 02 503 31114
Via dell'Università 6, Lodi.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: