Fees, scholarships and opportunities
To facilitate international student enrolment, the University of Milan has provided for:
- a specific fee system for foreign students whose family unit resides and produces income abroad;
- access to all scholarships and benefits available to Italian students
- dedicated scholarships, available only to international students.
University fees are paid in two instalments: 1) a fixed amount, and 2) a variable amount.
- Foreign students whose family unit resides and produces income abroad will pay a first instalment of €156, like other students, and a second instalment based on their income bracket in their country of citizenship.
- Italian students residing abroad and having income / assets produced abroad will pay fees based on their country of residence.
- Students who have been granted political refugee status will pay minimum fees.
ISEE certification is only required if they have income or assets in Italy.
View first- and second-instalment fees, merit-based and international student benefits.
International students can access all available scholarships and benefits according to the same procedures and conditions provided for Italian students.
Opportunities available to foreign students only
- Excellence scholarships: For academic year 2019/2020, 150 incentives are provided to the best international students admitted to a Master's degree programme
Every year, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs makes scholarships available to foreign students only. For information, please visit the Ministry website. Holders of ministerial scholarships who enrol at the University of Milan are exempted from enrolment and university fees.
Scholarships and other financial benefits for students