Political Sciences (SPO)
Through a typically multidisciplinary approach, the degree programme in Political Sciences is designed to provide students with a sufficient knowledge basis and methodological competences in the economic, legal, political science, sociological and historic fields, targeted at conducting a comparative analysis of the key structures and processes of contemporary society.
Graduates in Political Sciences can pursue careers in various areas, such as:
- national and multinational private organisations and firms;
- administrations; - authorities;
- national, supranational and international public organisations;
- non-governmental and third sector organisations;
- research centres;
- consultancy firms;
- journalism and publishing.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with access test.
Access is subject to passing a test (TOLC-E, CISIA OnLine Test, www.cisiaonline.it ) which will give rise to a merit ranking.
Additional learning obligations (OFA)
Students who do not pass the entrance examination on one or more areas provided for by the degree course, are assigned additional learning obligations (OFA, Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi) that they must fulfil in accordance with the provisions of the Programme Structure.
OFA: English language
Students must have level B2 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B2 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Highly recommended, not mandatory
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: