Certificates and self-certification
Certificates may be submitted to private institutions only, given that public institutions and public service providers may, by law, accept only self-certifications and cannot request or accept certificates.
Certificates requiring a revenue stamp
To have legal value all certificates, except those listed below, must be issued with a revenue stamp.
Certificates not requiring a revenue stamp
The following certificates do not require a revenue stamp:
- the diploma supplement, in Italian or English;
- certificates for study grants;
- statements of account certifying the sums paid to the University for the purpose of tax declarations or inspections;
- certificates required by no profit or social utility organizations (ONLUS).
Certificates attesting to enrolment, enrolment with exams, degree, degree with exams may also be requested in English; in many cases, the Diploma Supplement - issued free of charge - can substitute these certificates.
You can request a certificate following these instructions:
1 ) Only for those certificates that are indicated in the request form as “subject to stamp duty”, applicants are required to pay stamp duties of € 16: one for the application form + one for each certificate requested. Payments have to be submitted using the on-line system Payment Service - Contributi per prestazioni d’ufficio - Imposta di bollo.
For certificate inicated in the request form as “issued in plain paper”, no stamp duty is required.
2 ) For all types of certificate, submit the application form:
- Throught InformaStudenti attaching the payment receipts of the stamp duties. If the applicant will log in as external user, it will be necessary to attach also a scan of the ID document. The certificate will be sent electronically through InformaStudenti.
- At the front office, by booking an appointment using InformaStudenti. In this case, stamp duties in paper form - e.g., purchased at the Tabacconist - can be submitted (one for the application form, and one for each certificate request). It is possible to delegate a third person with signed proxy and photocopy of the identity document of the delegating party.
The University of Milan issues the following self-certificates to its students and graduates:
- enrolment/degree and exams;
- enrolment/degree and years of enrolment;
- enrolment /degree and fees paid;
- enrolment /degree and study plan.
You can pay print them out directly at home by accessing your UNIMIA personal page – Sifa online services – Registrar – Self-certifications.
You may otherwise access the InformaStudenti Service to request e-mail delivery (attaching a front and back copy of your identity document).
Students or graduates of other universities who must deliver a self-certification to our University, can use - if they do not hold a self-certification issued by their university of origin - the Substitutive declaration of certification.