Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products
The Master level "Safety assessment of xenobiotics and biotechnological products (SAXBi)" is equivalent to the second-level higher education award that refers to the second cycle in the Qualifications Framework of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), designed by the Bologna Accords (1999) which refers to level 7 of the European Union's European Qualifications Framework. The degree requires 120 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), and the expected learning outcomes will meet those specific to the second Dublin descriptor.
To be admitted to a 2nd course/level degree course, a 1st level degree or a suitable equivalent foreign qualification is required (see also the "Admission criteria" section).
Access to the Master in "Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products" (SAXBi) is open to:
- graduates with Italian degree (ex. DM 270/04 or equivalent ex. DM 509/99) in the areas L2 or L29;
- graduates from areas other than the above listed, provided they have earned the following credits:
· at least 9 credits (ECTS) in disciplines of CHIM/01, CHIM/03 or CHIM/06 (analytical chemistry; general and inorganic chemistry; organic chemistry);
· at least 5 credits in disciplines BIO/09 (physiology);
· at least 12 credits in disciplines BIO/10, BIO/11 or BIO/13 (biochemistry; molecular biology; applied biology);
· at least 6 credits in disciplines BIO/14 (pharmacology/toxicology);
Students with foreign qualification recognised as equivalent may access to the Master in SAXBi if they can demonstrate background knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and physiology, equivalent to those listed above. A committee of teachers appointed by the Board of Faculty will check the presence of these requirements.
Students meeting the above minimum requirements are invited to an interview for admission (in English) with the Commission for Admittance to the Master, composed by teaching members appointed by the Teaching Board. The interview, done remotely via electronic devices if necessary, is aimed at verifying the above mentioned skills and the knowledge of the English Language equivalent to B2 level.
Students who have not yet graduated but who expect to graduate by December 2020 can also apply for admission to the Master in SAXBi.
Interviews of applicants will be held according to a calendar proposed individually to each applicant.
The committee evaluates the candidate on a 100-point scale:
-up to 25/100 will be given for the graduation mark;
-up to 25/100 for the curriculum (free courses, others ) -up to 50/100 for the interview
The minimum requirement for admission is 60/100.
- continue their studies by attending courses and the respective exams;
- carry out the thesis.
Each student is followed by a tutor identified within the Course. https://www.unimi.it/en/international/study-abroad/studying-abroad-eras… lists all the information related to the fields of study and training opportunities offered by the host locations. Procedure for the recognition of study periods abroad: each student must propose a Learning Agreement regarding training activities that lead to the recognition of a number of credits adequate to the period spent abroad.
The period of study abroad will be recognized as valid after obtaining at least 70% of the credits specified in the learning agreement, while the activity of the thesis or internship will be valid only after acquisition of all credits. For students who have accomplished satisfactorily the training program, there are appropriate incentives, proposed by the teacher in charge, will be paid by the Faculty in the diploma achievement session. It provides additional points to the degree mark varying from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 points depending on the duration of the study period, the amount of credits attained, and the overall results obtained by the student
Students who are working
If the student is enrolled in working activities in laboratories in which techniques that are subject of the teaching laboratories are used, he/she is entitled of a partial/total exemption from laboratory attendance.
To take advantage of such concession, the student has to present to the Secretariat of the Teaching Committee copy of the job contract and timetable at the beginning of each academic year.
Alternatively, the students who are working are entitled to enrol as part-time students (see below).
In agreement with the University of Milan rules, students who:
- are working with a not occasional documented commitment (subordinate, autonomous or professional) of at least 6 months/year;
- are taking care of not self-sufficient relatives with a not-occasional commitment;
- have health problems or disabilities, which are hampering the normal study progression;
- are taking care of their own children or are pregnant;
- are enrolled in documented sport or artistic activities at national or international level
can be enrolled as part-time students.
For further information, please visit the website UNIMI https://www.unimi.it/en/node/113/
Lectures are held in the classrooms indicated in the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
All the classrooms are accessible to students with disabilities.
Laboratory activities are held in the labs of the Faculty of Pharmacy, according to the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Suggestions to improve
- Enrolment and Admission
- Student Office of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences Dr. Stefano Bernardinelli
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
+39+39 02 5031 8231
- Student Administrative Office
via Celoria, 18 Milano
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e a ciclo unico sono suddivise in due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- l'importo della prima rata è uguale per tutti
- l'importo della seconda rata varia in base al valore ISEE Università, al Corso di laurea di iscrizione e alla posizione (in corso/fuori corso da un anno oppure fuori corso da più di un anno).
- per i corsi on line è prevista una rata suppletiva.
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al Paese di provenienza per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato
L’Ateneo fornisce agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali)
Info su ammissioni e immatricolazioni
- Contatta le segreterie
- Sportello online Infostudente (richiede la registrazione)
- Studenti internazionali: welcome desk
- Servizi per studenti con disabilità
- Servizi per studenti con DSA