Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products
The Master course in Safety assessment of xenobiotics and biotechnological products provides specific knowledge in the analysis and the assessment of risk, taking into account the current international standards.
The students will acquire the knowledges necessary to initiate research on the novel methodologies to be applied in the field of risk assessment and to achieve professional competence in assessing risks arising from production and use of chemicals and biotechnological products, through integrated training in legislation, chemistry, toxicology and pharmacology, biotechnology, and risk analysis.
The professional profiles generated will be employed by:
- public administration for the control, implementation and management of human health and environmental protection;
- Industry Associations (Food, Cosmetics, Pharma, Chemicals);
- Pharma Companies in the sector of drug development;
- Biotech Companies;
- Contract Research Organization for the drug toxicity testing;
- Food and Chemical Companies in Quality Control divisions;
- Bioremediation Companies;
- Innovative energy plants;
- Public and Private Companies for the implementation and application of appropriate risk assessment (RA) procedures;
- Private sectors as consultants for RA of chemicals, food contaminants, water and air pollutants;
- Public and Private Research Institutions;
- Universities and secondary schools.
The Master Course in Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products (SAXBi) is entirely taught in English.
Application and admission: Open, subject to entry requirements.
- Applicants with an Italian degree (ex. DM 270/04 or equivalent ex. DM 509/99) from one of the following classes: Biotechnologies (L-2) and Pharmacy (L-29).
- Students from undergraduate classes other than the above listed provided they have acquired a certain number of credits in specific scientific-disciplinary sectors specified in the Manifesto degli Studi.
- Students with foreign qualification recognised as equivalent may access to the Master of Science in Safety assessment of xenobiotics and biotechnological products if they can demonstrate background knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and physiology, equivalent to those listed above.
Students meeting the above minimum requirements are invited to an interview for admission (in English) with the Commission for Admittance to the Master, composed by teaching members appointed by the Teaching Board. The interview, done remotely via electronic devices if necessary, is aimed at verifying the above mentioned skills and the knowledge of the English Language equivalent to B2 level.
Thanks to mobility programs such as Erasmus +, Erasmus Placement, and Erasmus Mundus, the Master Course in SAXBi offers its students the opportunity to spend periods of training abroad. The Erasmus Placement Program also offers the opportunity to play an internship abroad at companies, universities or other organizations. Universities and Institutions partners involved in these programs offer the possibility to engage in a wide range of areas. In the mobility period, the student can:
- continue their studies by attending courses and the respective exams;
- carry out the thesis.
Each student is followed by a tutor identified within the Course.
Procedure for the recognition of study periods abroad: each student must propose a Learning Agreement regarding training activities that lead to the recognition of a number of credits adequate to the period spent abroad, namely:
- 30 credits for an academic semester:
- 20 credits for an academic quarter.
The period of study abroad will be recognized as valid after obtaining at least 70% of the credits specified in the learning agreement, while the activity of the thesis or internship will be valid only after acquisition of all credits.
For students who have accomplished satisfactorily the training program, there are appropriate incentives, proposed by the teacher in charge, will be paid by the Faculty in the diploma achievement session. It provides additional points to the degree mark varying from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 points depending on the duration of the study period, the amount of credits attained, and the overall results obtained by the student
Suggested to the course, mandatory to the labs.
Lectures are held in the classrooms indicated in the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
All the classrooms are accessible to students with disabilities.
Laboratory activities are held in the labs of the Faculty of Pharmacy, according to the timetable of the courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
- aSUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE AND POLITE COMPLAINS
- bEnrolment and Admission
- cERASMUS Programme Prof.ssa Anna Cariboni
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
+39+39 02 5031 8216
- dStudent Office of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences Dr. Stefano Bernardinelli
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
+39+39 02 5031 8321
- eStudent Administrative Office
via Celoria, 26 / Via Golgi 19
- fProf.ssa Marina Marinovich
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
+39+39 02 5031 8316
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico sono composte da due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- la prima rata è uguale per tutti
- la seconda rata, detta contributo onnicomprensivo, è di importo variabile in base al tipo di corso, al reddito familiare (leggi come ottenere l'attestazione ISEE) al merito e allo stato della carriera. Per conoscere l’importo della seconda rata è disponibile il simulatore online.
Per i corsi on line è prevista una rata suppletiva.
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al paese per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato politico
Maggiori informazioni alla pagina: Tasse anno corrente
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Info su ammissioni e immatricolazioni