Biology Applied to Research in Biomedicine
The new M.Sc. in BARB proposes the basic flexible scheme applied previously and introduces some substantial new features that allow a better characterization of the biomedical aspects of the M.Sc. programme and a better identification of the professional figure of the biomedical scientist and its role in all aspects of basic/applied research activities.
Specific educational aims are:
1) to provide students with the basic notions of biological processes underlying the physiology of organs and systems, their pathological dysfunctions and their modulation by pharmacological and other interventions, specifically in man.
2) to teach students how to apply theoretical notions to applications of biomedical interest for humans and in relation to the interaction with the environment;
3) to provide tools for understanding and practicing theoretical knowledge in the lab;
4) to foster the most updated knowledge in the biomedical field by use of specific teaching modules whose content will be continuously refreshed.
The M.Sc. in BARB strengthens an essential, culturally basic branch of Biology in which the Coordinating Board for teaching activities in Biology has full competence, both in terms of teaching tradition and established research expertise. The M.Sc. programme aims to provide advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in the continuously growing areas of biology applied to biomedical research, and make students able to propose and to act with the purpose of further advancing their knowledge and practical experience. From this perspective students will be addressed to a specific teaching project whose target is to strengthen the attitude to develop new ideas and new tools in the most advanced aspects of biomedical research.
Attendance is strongly recommended for all courses.
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 27/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 30/09/2021
Per i corsi di laurea magistrale ad accesso libero, gli studenti ammessi già laureati devono immatricolarsi entro il 30 settembre 2021, mentre coloro che conseguiranno il titolo entro il 31 dicembre 2021 dovranno immatricolarsi entro il 15 gennaio 2022.
Sede dei Corsi: Edifici Biologici (Via Celoria, 26); Settore Didattico (Via Celoria, 20); Edificio Golgi (Via Golgi, 19).
- Presidenza e Ufficio Didattica
via Celoria, 26 - 2° piano, torre A.
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (via e-mail)
- Segreteria Studenti
Via Celoria, 18
- Information Center:
via Celoria, 26 - 2° piano, torre A.
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (email@example.com).
- Immatricolazioni ed ammissioni
- Email per informazioni sull'ammissione:
- Representative for disability services and specific learning disabilities (appointed by the Academic Board):
Dr.ssa Diletta Dolfini
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment