Biomedical Omics (BO)
The Master Program in Biomedical Omics aims at providing students with a broad understanding of omics disciplines applied to medicine and first-hand practical experience with different omics techniques. Key competences of graduates include the ability to design experiments, manage the work flow, analyze and interpret omics data, and create applications for future developments in omics approaches.
The requirements to access the Master Program in Biomedical Omics are:
- The achievement of a bachelor degree program in one of the following classes: L-2 Biotecnologie (Biotechnology), L-13 Scienze biologiche (Biology), L-27 Scienze e tecnologie chimiche (Chemistry), L-29 Scienze e tecnologie farmaceutiche (Pharmaceutical sciences).
- Having acquired at least 40 ECTS in the scientific disciplines (SSD): BIO/06, BIO/08, BIO/09, BIO/10, BIO/11, BIO/12, BIO/13, BIO/14, BIO/15, BIO/16, BIO/17, BIO/18, BIO/19, CHIM/01, CHIM/02, CHIM/03, CHIM/06, CHIM/07, CHIM/08, CHIM/09, MED/01, MED/02, MED/03, MED/04, MED/05, MED/07, MED/08, MED/43, MED/44, MED/46, MED/50, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/02.
- Knowledge of English (B2 certification).
Students must have a Bachelor?s degree in one of the disciplines described above (Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical sciences). The number of hours/credits of the specific courses must be clearly identifiable in the academic curriculum. If this is not possible, documents certifying the students? career will be examined by the Faculty to assess if their background complies with the admission requirements.
B2 entrance level:
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- By a language certification at or above B2, obtained no more than 3 years earlier. For the list of language certifications recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/it/studiare/competenze-linguistiche/placement-test…). The certification must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- By the English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The certificates must be less than four years old, and will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- By the entrance test, which will be delivered by the SLAM on September 21st 2021, and at on December 10th 2021, only for students who have applied for admission at a later date. All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the entrance test will have until 31 December 2021 to obtain and submit one of the recognized certifications to the SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and cannot sit further tests.
Students are required to attend to at least 75% of teaching activities.
The experimental project leading to the final dissertation is considered mandatory for the Master Degree.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment