Biomedical Omics (BO)
The Master Program in Biomedical Omics aims at providing students with a broad understanding of omics disciplines applied to medicine and first-hand practical experience with different omics techniques. Key competences of graduates include the ability to design experiments, manage the work flow, analyze and interpret omics data, and create applications for future developments in omics approaches.
The requirements to access the Master Program in Biomedical Omics are:
- The achievement of a bachelor degree program in one of the following classes: L-2 Biotecnologie (Biotechnology), L-13 Scienze biologiche (Biology), L-27 Scienze e tecnologie chimiche (Chemistry), L-29 Scienze e tecnologie farmaceutiche (Pharmaceutical sciences).
- Having acquired at least 40 ECTS in the scientific disciplines (SSD): BIO/06, BIO/08, BIO/09, BIO/10, BIO/11, BIO/12, BIO/13, BIO/14, BIO/15, BIO/16, BIO/17, BIO/18, BIO/19, CHIM/01, CHIM/02, CHIM/03, CHIM/06, CHIM/07, CHIM/08, CHIM/09, MED/01, MED/02, MED/03, MED/04, MED/05, MED/07, MED/08, MED/43, MED/44, MED/46, MED/50, SECS‐S/01, SECS‐S/02.
- Knowledge of English (B2 certification).
Students must have a Bachelor's degree in one of the disciplines described above (Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical sciences). The number of hours/credits of the specific courses must be clearly identifiable in the academic curriculum. If this is not possible, documents certifying the students' career will be examined by the Faculty to assess if their background complies with the admission requirements.
Students are required to attend to at least 75% of teaching activities.
The experimental project leading to the final dissertation is considered mandatory for the Master Degree.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment