Exercise Science for Healthy Life
The course is designed to train specialists in motor activity targeted at the promotion, control, prevention and maintenance of appropriate active lifestyles which promote the functional development of both healthy individuals and those suffering from chronic diseases. Graduates in Exercise Science for Healthy Life are also trained to engage in the maintenance of fitness levels post-injury and in rehabilitation programmes for the complete recovery of physical fitness.
In particular, graduates are qualified to engage in fitness activities with both healthy individuals and those with functional limitations, in the different stages of childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age, through technical, methodological and organisational competences.
On the strength of their technical, didactic and scientific competences in the design, planning and control of physical activities of a recreational, educational and sporting nature, in both public and private facilities, graduates are qualified to assist healthcare staff and to work independently in the field of preventive and protective healthcare.
Graduates can engage in the following professional occupations:
- motor activities suitable for various age ranges;
- motility for the elderly;
- movement as a way of handling chronic diseases connected with sedentary and inactive lifestyles;
- motor activity for the recovery of functionality following hypoactivity, also as a result of traumas or illness;
- motor activity and sports for disabled persons.
Application and admission: Open with entry requirements examination.
To be admitted, students must be in possession of a medical certificate for competitive sports. Candidates who do not do sports must present the following certificate, in accordance with Italian law: “Certificato di idoneità alla pratica sportiva: certificazione rilasciata ad atleta non avente la qualifica di agonista, ex art. 4 D.M. 24/04/2013, per il quale sono stati eseguiti tutti gli accertamenti diagnostici previsti dallo stesso decreto ministeriale” (“Certificate of eligibility for sporting activities: certification issued to an athlete who does not have the status of an agonist, pursuant to art. 4 of the Ministerial decree 24/04/2013, for which all the diagnostic tests required by the same decree have been carried out”). In any case, the adequacy of the candidates’ preparation will be verified through an interview, in order to evaluate the basic knowledge of Anatomy of the apparatus, Cardiorespiratory neuromuscular and Exercise physiology.
Mandatory for at least 70% of lessons
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: