Health Professions of Prevention Sciences
The master’s degree programme in Health Professions of Prevention Sciences is designed to provide graduate with the necessary training to:
- employ specific scientific knowledge in relation to their professional role in order to make decisions concerning the organisation and management of health services supplied by professional healthcare personnel in the medical field within health facilities, including preventive and protection healthcare services and the Local Health Authorities;
- employ the necessary health economics and business organisation skills in order to organise health services and manage the human and technological resources available, evaluating the cost/benefit ratio;
- monitor specific sectors of the health organisation within the sphere of preventive healthcare make use of research methodologies and tools for the management of preventive healthcare services;
- oversee the optimisation of all resources (human, technological, educational, financial) employed in preventive healthcare facilities;
- plan and carry out educational initiatives in order to provide refresher and continuing training in relation to the relevant healthcare facilities;
- develop teaching competences within their specific professional role through tutorials and the coordination of internships designed to provide basic, further and continuing training.
Graduates in Health Professions of Prevention Sciences can pursue careers in:
- the management of preventive healthcare facilities (organisation/monitoring of facilities and provision of effective services);
- university teaching: graduates can pursue a career in University teaching upon successful completion of any competitions set out in the regulations;
- continuing training;
- university research within their sphere of competence (upon successful completion of any competitions set out in the regulations).
Employment Statistics (Almalaurea)
Admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Admission without any supplementary exams for graduates
- Environment and Workplace Prevention Techniques (Classe L/SNT4)
- Health Assistance (Classe L/SNT4)
- Methods of prevention in the environment
- Health assistance
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English.
Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Course, stage and workshops attendance: mandatory
- Referenti del Corso:
- Segreteria del Corso di Laurea Magistrale:
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
- Prof.ssa Silvia Fustinoni
- Prof. Angelo Moretto
- Prof. Paolo Carrer
- Prof. Stefano Rusconi
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment