International Medical School (IMS)
1) acquired the scientific bases and the necessary theorical-practical preparation to Directive 75/363/CEE on the practice of the medical profession;
2) acquired a level of professional awareness, decisional and operative autonomy safety with a deep sensitivity to the complex human problems and social diseases;
3) acquired the theoretical knowledge arising from basic sciences and the ability to properly apply it in the perspective of subsequent professional application;
4) acquired the knowledge of physiopathology and organ and apparatus pathologies, interpreting them in the light of basic scientific knowledge from a clinical point of view;
5) acquired the competence to properly obtain and examine data and elements related to the state of health and illness of an individual;
6) acquired the ability and the experience of facing, and solving, the priority health problems considering the preventive, diagnostic, prognostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative aspects;
7) been exposed to the content and methods of scientific research as a tool to access the clinical field, always in the context of a training translational "from bench-to-bedside" and vice versa;
8) acquired the knowledge of historic, epistemological and ethical dimension of medicine;
9) acquired how to communicate properly and clearly with the patient and his/her relatives relating to them with humanity;
10) learnt how to co-operate with the different professional figures in the various health activities they will be exposed to;
11) learnt how to apply the principles of health economics in medical decisions and acquired the ability to recognise health problems in the community and intervene in a competent manner.
The student is required to attend all the teaching activities, with a tolerance of no more than 1/3 of the hours, according to the Regolamento. Students are required to sign their attendance at each learning activities. Should the number of absences be higher than 1/3, the Teaching Committee will take the necessary measures.
Places available: 45 + 25 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 30/06/2021 to 22/07/2021
Admission test date : 09/09/2021
Application for matriculation: from 11/11/2021 to 16/11/2021
Attachments and documents
New Self-certification available. The previous one is accepted anyway
Notice: the ranking list has been published on unimi
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment