Physiotherapy graduates are healthcare operators responsible for offering preventive, curative and rehabilitative treatments, either autonomously or as part of a group of healthcare figures, in the areas of motility, the upper cortical functions and visceral functions subsequent to pathological events of varying aetiology, either congenital or acquired.
On the basis of the doctor's diagnosis and prescriptions, and within their sphere of competence, Physiotherapy graduates, sometimes as part of a multidisciplinary team, set out rehabilitation programmes to identify and satisfy the health requirements of disabled persons.
- offer curative treatments geared at the functional rehabilitation of motor, psychomotor and cognitive disabilities, using physical, manual, physical, psychomotor and occupational therapies;
- recommend the use of orthotics, prostheses and aids, offering training on how to use them and assessing their efficacy;
- verify that the rehabilitative methodology adopted corresponds to the functional recovery objectives;
- carry out research, didactic and professional consulting activities in the health services and all other areas which require their specific professional competences.
Physiotherapy graduates are qualified to operate in the following areas, in a freelance or employed capacity:
- general public or private rehabilitation units;
- specialist public or private rehabilitation units;
- care homes for the elderly or the disabled;
- sporting associations or groups;
- independent services, in a dedicated facility or in the home.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
- Referenti del Corso:
- Prof.ssa Anna Maria Di Giulio
- Dott.ssa Elena Lesma
- Prof. Antonino Previtera
- Segreteria del Corso di Laurea
- Dott.ssa Michela Turci
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: