Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student Ombudsman
The Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student Ombudsman is an institutional, impartial and independent figure, who is appointed by the Academic Senate on the proposal of the Rector to:
- promote dialogue between students and the teaching staff;
- monitor compliance with the Regulations;
- receive complaints or reports and solicit improvement or protection measures, as required by Art. 35 of the University Statute and the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student Ombudsman.
The role is currently held by Prof. Emilio Dolcini, formerly Professor of Criminal Law at the University of Milan, and a leading figure in the Italian criminal doctrine.
The Ombudsman oversees compliance with regulations concerning students in every area of university life. His/Her duties are to:
- examine students' complaints about acts and behaviours of groups, offices or individuals in breach of current regulations or the University Code of Ethics, protecting the injured party from possible retaliation;
- work to settle any issues and communicate observations and conclusions to the competent body and the complainant;
- monitor compliance with current regulations regarding teaching, the right to study and student careers.
You can contact the Student Ombudsman to report any administrative or educational issues, such as:
- issues in administrative office procedures
- missing or lacking services
- anomalies in IT procedures
- organisation of classes
- assessment methods and criteria
- difficulties in relations with the teaching staff.
To arrange a meeting with the Ombudsman, write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can arrange a meeting or report any problems by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Where possible, please use your institutional e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and note the subject programme of your report.