International Politics, Law and Economics (IPLE)
The Bachelor programme in International Politics, Law and Economics offers interdisciplinary education in political science, law, economics, history, and sociology, with a particular emphasis on the political, economic, and legal dimensions of the contemporary international context.
The international and comparative focus which characterises all of the courses taught within this programme aims to enable students to understand and interpret today’s global reality, while also allowing them to grasp and critically assess its complexities.
The Bachelor's Programme prepares graduates to find employment in the following areas: national and regional/local public administrations, including diplomatic missions to foreign countries or international institutions; international organisations; NGOs (e.g. those engaged in humanitarian volunteering activities); centres or associations specialised in the study and analysis of political, social, and economic processes; public and/or private (national or multinational) companies involved in international trade and finance; in the fields of services, cultural heritage, tourism, and communication.
Application and admissions: with mandatory access test.
OFA – Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi (FURTHER TRAINING REQUIREMENTS)
The student who at the admission test has obtained an insufficient result (below 50% of correct answers) in the areas of language comprehension, general culture, logic and mathematics, will be assigned further training requirements (OFA) and must comply with them as indicated in the Programme Description.
In order to be entitled to sit for the exams included in the Bachelor Programme, the student is required to certify his/her knowledge of the English language at the B2 level. This level can be certified in one of the following ways:
- By submitting a language certificate accepted by the University of Milan and attesting a B2 or higher level of knowledge
- By submitting a secondary school diploma in a course of study that uses English as primary language
- By sitting for the Placement Test run by SLAM-Servizio Linguistico di Ateneo during the first year exclusively, from September to December. If the student doesn’t pass the Placement Test, he/she will have to attend the English language courses organized by SLAM.
The student who doesn’t sit for the Placement Test by December or doesn’t pass the test at the end of the SLAM-Servizio Linguistico di Ateneo courses in one of the 6 attempts granted, will need to get a language certificate outside the University of Milan within the first year of the Programme.
In light of its international focus, the Bachelor’s Programme in International Politics, Law and Economics encourages student participation in international mobility programmes.
Moreover, it provides enrolled students with a wide range of options, in terms of foreign institutions where they may follow part of their studies and take exams, in the context of the Erasmus+ Programme. The Departments responsible for the Bachelor’s Programme have concluded agreements under the Erasmus+ Programme with several Universities in France, Germany, Spain, Eastern Europe (mainly Czech Republic, Poland, Estonia and Lithuania), Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta and Slovenia, as well as extra-European exchanges with Japan (Waseda University and Kobe University).
Students will also have the chance to carry out a training internship abroad in companies or other organisations, with a grant up to 12 months.
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico sono composte da due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- la prima rata è uguale per tutti
- la seconda rata, detta contributo onnicomprensivo, è di importo variabile in base al tipo di corso, al reddito familiare (leggi come ottenere l'attestazione ISEE) al merito e allo stato della carriera. Per conoscere l’importo della seconda rata è disponibile il simulatore online.
Per i corsi on line è prevista una rata suppletiva.
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al paese per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato politico
Maggiori informazioni alla pagina: Tasse anno corrente
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Info su ammissioni e immatricolazioni