Bioinformatics for computational genomics
The BCG degree therefore includes activities providing in depth knowledge on:
1. the organization of information in the genome and the molecular and cellular processes at the basis of gene expression and its regulation
2. the experimental methods used for studying genes and their function in different model species, both prokaryotic and eukaryotic
3. the technologies employed in modern genomic research
4. methods and protocols of bioinformatic analysis in functional genomics studies
5. algorithmic, mathematical and statistical approaches underlying bioinformatic and genomic analysis tools
6. data base technologies for the storage and organization of the data
7. modelling and analysis techniques employed in systems biology for the study of interactions in complex biological systems.
The program includes, as a fundamental step in the formation of the students, an internship in research laboratories either at the University of Milan or in other Italian or foreign research institutes. The research experience of the internship and its results will be described in a final written dissertation, to be discussed in front of a thesis committee.
In the framework of the Erasmus+ program, the BCG Master course has in place agreements with Universities in Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Norway, and The Netherlands, all offering courses in English.
Calls for participation can be found at the following link: https://www.unimi.it/en/international/study-abroad/studying-abroad-erasmus
The time spent abroad can be used to attend courses and pass the relative exams, thus collecting credits towards the Master degree, as well as to carry out the experimental project for the dissertation. The student admitted to the mobility program must submit a study plan detailing the training activities that he/she plans to carry out, with the corresponding credits. The number of credits should correspond as much as possible to the number of credits that the student should acquire in a similar time at the home University. The proposed activities must be consistent with the goals and the contents of the Master degree. The study plan must be approved by the BCG Student Mobility Committee, which can request changes or integrations. At the end of the mobility program, according to the guidelines provided by the University of Milan, the courses attended (with a passed exam) by the student are registered in his/her career, preferably with its original name and with an indication of the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) and their conversion in CFU (usually 1 ECTS = 1 CFU). The students willing to carry out their dissertation work as part of a mobility program abroad must have an internal supervisor (chosen among the BCG lecturers) and the study plan must be approved by the BCG Teaching Board.
Posti disponibili: 50 + 10 riservati a cittadini Extra UE
Bando di ammissione
Consulta il bando per scoprire le date e i contenuti del test e tutte le informazioni su come iscriverti.
Domanda di ammissione: dal 15/03/2023 al 30/06/2023
Data e luogo prova di ammissione: 04/07/2023 - da remoto
Domanda di immatricolazione: dal 21/07/2023 al 25/07/2023
Allegati e documenti
Admission, interviews on July 4th will be held exclusively online through the Zoom platform, starting from 9.30 am. Applicants admitted to the interview will receive the Zoom meeting link a few days before July 4th.
- in the "Città Studi" campus of the University of Milan, mostly in the University buildings of via Celoria, 26 and via Golgi;
- in the "Leonardo" Campus of the Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32.
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e a ciclo unico sono suddivise in due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- l'importo della prima rata è uguale per tutti
- l'importo della seconda rata varia in base al valore ISEE Università, al Corso di laurea di iscrizione e alla posizione (in corso/fuori corso da un anno oppure fuori corso da più di un anno).
- per i corsi on line è prevista una rata suppletiva.
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al Paese di provenienza per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato
L’Ateneo fornisce agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali)