Herbal Sciences and Technologies
Graduates will obtain mastery of investigative methods and testing, including aspects of data collection and communication of results, and competence in using advanced texts. They will have operational powers and will be able to perform technical, managerial and professional activities in the processing of medicinal plants in quality management sector, marketing of herbal drugs and their derivates to be used in the preparation of herbal products, food and cosmetics, ensuring compliance with the provisions from existing national and European laws.
The course includes basic and professional disciplines in the areas of chemistry, phytochemistry, biology, botany, pharmacognosy, pharmacology and concerning technological aspects.
At the end of the course, graduate will have knowledge and skills in:
· recognition, collection and conservation of medicinal plants;
· storage, control, distribution and supply of medicinal plants and their derivatives;
· analyses and determination of active ingredients;
· the biological effects of medicinal plants;
· toxicological aspects of the use of active ingredients and finished products;
· the study, design, management, supervision and conduction of productive processes of plants and their derivatives;
· recognition of herbal drugs, detection of adulterations and contaminations;
· quality control of products based on medicinal plants and derivatives;
· the possible applications of plants and their derived products for health products including food and cosmetics;
· legislation and ethic rules in the field;
· the scientific and technical advice concerning the supervision hygienic issues of plants and their derivatives in Department of the Government, particularly in the Ministries of Health, of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, Trade and Handicraft and Finance;
· the technical scientific and advisory to specialist publishing companies, dissemination of information in the field of medicinal plants and their derivatives.
A graduate in Herbal Science and Technologies possesses good basic knowledge, and knows how to use it along the production chain. He knows the methods of investigation of the sector and is able to use them professionally and to finalize their knowledge of problem solving of the whole supply chain. Is able to obtain the necessary information and to assess the implications in a productive and market context, to implement measures to improve the quality of herbal products. He/She is also able to communicate orally and in writing arguments on issues of competence. Finally, he/she has the tools of cognitive basis for the continuous updating of knowledge, also through the use of new communication technologies.
Recognition of study periods abroad:
Each student, depending on the period of time spent abroad, should propose a Learning Agreement providing an adequate number of credits for his/her study or training:
- An academic year: 60 credits;
- An academic semester: 30 credits;
- An academic quarter: 20 CFU
For study programs, students must acquire at least 70% of the credits specified in the Learning Agreement. For the training period the student must acquire all the credits specified by the Learning Agreement. Additional score to the degree mark will be added to students who have fulfilled the study or training programs. This score ranges from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 points (depending on the duration of the training period, the amount of credits obtained and the overall result achieved) and will be proposed by the tutor to the Commission of the final exam.
Attendance is mandatory for single-seat laboratory exercises.
Places available: 100 + 5 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 01/04/2021 to 27/05/2021
Application for matriculation: from 08/06/2021 to 18/06/2021
Application for admission: from 21/06/2021 to 14/07/2021
Application for matriculation: from 19/07/2021 to 02/08/2021
Application for admission: from 06/08/2021 to 06/09/2021
Application for matriculation: from 09/09/2021 to 15/09/2021
Tutte le aule sono accessibili anche agli studenti con disabilità motoria.
- Segreteria Didattica Scienze del Farmaco
Via Golgi, 19 Milano
+3902 50314572 (Previo appuntamento telefonico) o e-mail
- Vicepresidente del Collegio Didattico Interdipartimentale Prof. Mario Dell'Agli
Via Balzaretti, 9 Milano
Ricevimento studenti: su prenotazione telefonica o via e-mail, c/o Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Biomolecolari
- Coordinatore del Corso di Laurea Prof.ssa Gelsomina Fico
Via Mangiagalli, 25 Milano
Ricevimento studenti: su prenotazione telefonica o via e-mail, c/o DISFARM, Via Mangiagalli 25, secondo piano, studio 2013
- Coordinatore ERASMUS: Prof.ssa Francesca Clerici
Via Venezian, 21 Milano
Ricevimento studenti: su prenotazione telefonica o via e-mail, c/o Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche (DISFARM) Sezione di Chimica Generale e Organica "A. Marchesini" III piano
- Segretario del Collegio Didattico Interdipartimentale: Dott. Fiorella Meneghetti
Via Mangiagalli, 25 Milano
Ricevimento studenti: tutti i giorni previo appuntamento, c/o studio I piano stanza 1064 via Mangiagalli 25
- Segreteria Studenti
Sedi e orari: https://www.unimi.it/it/node/360
- Segreteria Studenti
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment