Medicine and Surgery - Sacco Hospital Location
The specific objectives for the pre-clinical coursework are set, on a priority basis, based on the following criteria:
· relevance of each objective within the framework of human biology;
· the preparation provided by each objective in terms of specific clinical issues.
The specific objectives for the clinical coursework are set, on a priority basis, based on the following criteria:
· epidemiological prevalence, urgency of the care needed, possibility of providing care, severity, educational value;
· promoting clinical work through healthcare facilities, at least for the hospital wards;
· improving patient interactions, including the physician's bedside manner;
· assessing adverse events and any other issue relating to the use of medicine (Pharmacovigilance) to ensure a favourable risk/benefit ratio for the community;
· assessing gender-based differences (Gender Medicine), with the ultimate goal of ensuring all persons, whether male or female, receive the best possible care.
These objectives integrate the five Dublin descriptors (European descriptors) with those proposed by the International Medical Education (IIME) and the "The TUNING Project (Medicine) - Learning Outcomes/Competences for Undergraduate Medical Education in Europe". Furthermore, they align perfectly with the requirements of the "core curriculum" for the Master's degree in Medicine as proposed on a national level by the Conference of Italian Master's Degree Programme Presidents.
Clinical rotations and research activities are the areas where students on an international rotation get the most benefit. Therefore, the best years for study abroad are Year III through Year VI. Sixth-year rotations are generally intended for writing one's thesis.
Each year, our teaching centre also welcomes international students, mainly from Germany and countries in Eastern Europe. They appreciate the long-standing tradition of academic study in our programmes, and the hospitality typical of their Italian colleagues. The greatest obstacle to attracting more international students is the difficulty of securing accommodations at reasonable rates. We are working hard to find solutions to this problem.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment