Graduates with the degrees listed below are entitled to sit the State Board Exam to qualify as Food Technologists:
- Science of Food Preparation (qualification awarded according to the procedures prior to the entry into force of Ministerial Decree 509/99).
- Food Science and Technology (qualification awarded according to the procedures prior to the entry into force of Ministerial Decree 509/99).
- Second cycle degree (Laurea Specialistica), class 78/S, specialist degrees in the Food Industry;
- Master’s Degree, class LM-70, master’s degrees in Food Science and Technology.
1st session 2021
Registrations for the Food Technologist State Board Exam will be open from 27 April 2021 to 25 May 2021.
The State exams for qualification to practice the Food Technologist profession will begin on 16 June 2021 and will consist of a remote oral exam, in compliance with Ministerial Decree no. 238 of 26 February 2021.
The procedures and deadlines for registering to the State exam are set out in the Bando di ammissione.
Candidates shall apply online through the service Domanda di ammissione Esame di Stato.
Fees and payments
State exam fees must be paid through PagoPA, the Public Administration payment service, by accessing the Servizio Gestione Pagamenti > Contributi per prestazioni d'Ufficio:
- € 49.58 – Agenzia delle Entrate (Inland Revenue) - STATE EXAM FEE -
- € 400.00 - University of Milan - STATE EXAM REGISTRATION FEE
Documents to be submitted
To complete the online application for the State exam, upload a copy of:
- receipt of the PagoPA payment of € 49.58 - STATE EXAM FEE;
- receipt of the PagoPA payment of € 400.00 - STATE EXAM REGISTRATION FEE;
- for graduates from campuses other than the University of Milan: self-certification of graduation;
- for candidates who will obtain their degree after the application deadline (however, within the exam date): statement of graduation application.
Candidates who have enrolled for the first exam session but are absent on exam day may submit a new application for the second session by the stated deadline. Any documentation previously submitted and any payments already made will be valid for the new application (with the exception of any balances still owing).
Chairman: Prof. Salvatore CIAPPELLANO
Alternate chairwoman: Prof.ssa Monica BONOMI
Prof. Fernando TATEO
Dott.ssa Angela Maria MESSINA
Dott. Roberto RAVAROTTO
Dott.ssa Simona PEDRETTI
Alternate members: Prof.ssa Cristina ALAMPRESE, Dott. Antonello COLELLA.
To be defined
Chairwoman: Prof.ssa Ernestina CASIRAGHI
Alternate chairwoman: Prof.ssa Ella PAGLIARINI
Prof.ssa Cristina ALAMPRESE
Dott.ssa Anna Amina CIAMPELLA
Dott.ssa Ida Nicoletta CAFARO
Dott. Luigi Giuseppe PASTORI
Alternate members: Prof. Ivano DE NONI, Dott.ssa Silvia FRONTINI.
Schedule and procedures for Technologist State Board Exams
The State Board Exams to qualify for the profession of FOOD TECHNOLOGIST, for the 1st session of the year 2020, will be held on 16 July 2020,17 July 2020 and 21 July 2020, and will consist of a remote oral exam, in compliance with Ministerial Decree no. 57 of 29 April 2020, using the Microsoft Teams videoconferencing platform.
The schedule and procedures are described in the attached notice - Avviso Esame di Stato Tecnologo.
Alternate Chairman: Prof. Ella PAGLIARINI
Prof. Cristina ALAMPRESE
Dr. Anna Amina CIAMPELLA
Dr. Ida Nicoletta CAFARO
Dr. Giuseppe Luigi PASTORI
Alternates: Prof. Ivano DE NONI, Dr. Silvia FRONTINI