The following page contains the updated provisions for resuming or starting internships.
Suspension of services - August 2021
Internship Services and Post-Graduate Guidance and Placement Services will be available until Friday 6 August.
Services will resume on Monday 23 August.
Phone and e-mail support services will be suspended from 9 through 20 August.
NOTE: Please pay attention to the following deadlines
- For curricular internships starting between 6 and 25 August: upload the signed learning agreement (and any other documents) by Tuesday 3 August;
- For extracurricular internships starting between 9 and 31 August: submit the learning agreement by Friday 30 July and upload all documents by Tuesday 3 August.
Requests for early closure, extension and suspension of internships in progress must be submitted by Tuesday 3 August.
Post-Graduate Guidance and Placement Services
Requests for service registration and job postings submitted by Wednesday 4 August will be processed. Later requests will be dealt with starting form Monday 23 August.
Extracurricular internships are periods of training undertaken by Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle Master's graduates, as well as those who completed a Vocational Master's or Doctoral programme, within 12 months from graduation.
This type of internship:
- cannot last less than 2 months or more than 12 months
- requires the host institution to pay an internship allowance (reimbursement of expenses) pursuant to the applicable regional regulation.
The host institution is also required to notify the start / extension / interruption of the internship through the COB system for mandatory notices.
E-mail assistance: email@example.com
Phone assistance (02.503.12032):
- Tuesday: 10 am to 12 noon
- Thursday: 10 am to 12 noon
Information desk: (currently unavailable)
Via Santa Sofia 9/1 - Milan
- Tuesday and Friday: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Thursday: 2 to 4 pm
The university tutor is chosen by the university in the approval stage and has the statutory task of:
- ensuring the success of the internship experience
- supervising the trainee during the internship
- preparing the individual file and certificate at the end of the internship.
For extracurricular internships carried out in Lombardy, the allowance / reimbursement of expenses is as follows:
- € 500 per month, gross of any withholding taxes. This amount can be reduced to € 400 per month if meal vouchers or canteen services are provided
- € 350 per month if the daily activity does not exceed 4 hours
- € 300 per month for the Public Administration.
The internship allowance is paid in full if the trainee attends at least 80% of activities on a monthly basis.
The trainee can identify the institution / company in which to carry out the internship through:
- the ad service managed by the Cosp with Almalaurea
- external and personal channels.
For internships carried out in Lombardy, all institutions, companies and trainees shall follow the same procedure regardless of how the internship was identified.
The activation of extracurricular internships outside Lombardy is suspended.
Hereby requests a Declaration of Immediate Availability (DID).
This Declaration is required in order to institute an extra-curricular internship for any non-working/unemployed graduate.
Where the intern already has a pending work contract, they must contact the University’s internship service office before requesting the DID.
- logs onto UNIMIA - Jobs and internships
- clicks on manage your CV and logs onto Almago
- fills out his/her CV and makes it visible online: at the initial log-in, the system will prompt the user to confirm their academic and personal details, before then allowing them to fill out the remaining sections of the CV.
At least fifteen (15) days before the start of the internship
- Enters authentication credentials into the Business Portal
- Selects Manage Internships - Learnings Agreement - Enter new learning agreement
- Enters the learning agreement for the student: the form may be saved as a draft and completed later.
- Saves the agreement: at the end of the process, the learning agreement is submitted for approval.
COSP (University Study and Career Guidance Service)
Approves the internship agreement, vetting the intern’s status, the objectives relating to the skill set to be acquired, and the duration. Business/Organisation and intern receive notification of approval.
- downloads the approved internship agreement from Almalaurea, from the webpage labelled “Internship Agreement Details”;
- has the intern/trainee sign the internship agreement
- places their own signature and official seal on the document
- ink signatures / signing by hand
- digital signature (PAdES/p7m format)
Uploads the following documents to Almalaurea at least three (3) days before the start of the internship:
- learning agreement signed by the intern and the Host Entity;
- intern’s DID;
- hiring COB [mandatory notice of hiring]
- Addendum for the internship (available here)
- residence permit (for any non-EU citizen)
- reviews all uploaded documents
- activating the internship
- uploads a copy of the learning agreement countersigned by the University
- sends a copy of the countersigned learning agreement to the intern
- fills out the attendance log (see guide for instructions)
- ongoing monitoring: fill out periodic questionnaires when received via email
Events arising over the course of the internship: Absences, transfers, leaves of absences, extensions, terminations due to injury/illness
At the end of the internship: final assessments, individual dossier
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns
COSP information desk and extra-curricular internship desk
Via Santa Sofia 9/1 – Milan.
Tuesday and Friday: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday: 2 to 4pm
Telephone reception (02.503.12032)
- Tuesday: 2 to 4.30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday: 10am to 12.30pm