Traineeships and internships
Taken into accoount the regional directives and the University indications, the following provisions remain unchanged.
COVID-19: Emergency measures
Taken into account the recent Prime Ministry Decrees and the note issued on March 12th from Regione Lombardia (available on this page), the following provisions concerning curricular and extracurricular internships are into force until further notice. Based on the aforementioned provisions, it is required of the host companies/institutions to consider whether, in compliance with the safety rules issued by health authorities, there are still conditions to carry out internship activities, taking into account that an internship is not to be considered an employment relationship, but an educational experience which takes place in a workplace environment.
The following instructions are then provided:
|Available options||Operations to carry out by the host company/institution|
|Conclude the internship, if due to the current situation there aren’t the conditions to achieve the formative objectives of the internship.||The host company/institution adds the early conclusione request through the online placement services portal, adding as reason: “Impossibilità a raggiungere gli obiettivi formativi data l’attuale situazione”.|
|Suspend the internship just for the time being due to the current epidemiologic situation. The activities will be reprised at the end of the suspension. It will be possible to add another suspension.||The host company/institution adds the suspension request through the online placement services portal, adding as reason: “Addendum – Emergenza epidemiologica COVID-19”|
|If feasible and in line with the professional profile and objectives of the internship, host company/institution and intern may agree on the latter carrying out the activities from his/her home in ways similar to smart working practices, granted the continued assistance by the company tutor.||The host company/institution has to fill in the form available on this page (Procedura di adozione smart working) and send it via email to email@example.com. The form has to be signed by both the company and the intern. As promoting institution, the internship office will then reply with its opinion on the request. For newly started curricular internships, the beginning date of the activity on the smart working form must coincide with the one on the training project.|
We also inform that:
- The internship office will not be open to the public;
- The email reply service will be carried out as per usual, whilst it’s temporarily suspended the telephone support service;
- Following the note issued by the Lombardy Region on April 21st (available at this page), during the emergency period it will not be possible to start new extracurricular internships;
- It will be possible to start curricular internship only if the activities will be carried out in ways similar to smart working practices.
The stated provisions apply to internships which take place on Italian territory, in case of abroad internships students and graduates are invited to take into consideration the provisions and indications of local authorities, even for what pertain the current health situation.
A traineeship (or internship) is a learning and training opportunity that can be experienced in different ways:
- students can undertake curricular traineeships/internships only (or more than one, activated in the same way)
- students who have completed their studies within the preceding 12 months can undertake extracurricular traineeships/internships.
Cosp handles all the procedures relating to the activation of internships in public and private organisations and companies, for students, graduates and postgraduate students enrolled at our University.
In order for traineeships/internships to be correctly activated, all host companies and organisations must provide:
- an Internship Agreement defining the nature of the host institution’s relationship with the University (more information on which can be found in the section “Internship Agreements” on this page);
- an individual Training Program for each intern, setting out the objectives of the internship and the procedures for carrying it out, and including details of the tutors (from the host institution as well as from the University), salary (where applicable) and insurance coverage (accident and third party civil liability, and the Inail PAT d’ateneo (National Institute for Insurance against Accidents – University territorial insurance position)
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information desk and Activation extracurricular stages
Via Santa Sofia 9/1 - Milano
- Tuesday and Friday 9.00 -12.30
- Thursday 14.00 -16.00
- Tuesday 14.00 -16.30
- Wednesday and Thursday 10.00 -12.30
The internship agreement is a legally required document that governs the relationship between - and the rights and obligations of - the University (the sending institution) and the organisation/company/freelance professional/association (the host institution) as well as those of future interns.
The internship agreement does not, therefore, relate to individual interns and their internship period, rather it is a document with a 24-month validity which can relate to a number of interns over a period of time.
How to sign up to an internship agreement
Companies interested in signing up to an internship agreement must submit an application to sign up through the University’s placement services portal as follows:
- Log in on the page Accesso aziende>Gestione tirocini>Convenzioni>Aderisci alla convenzione (Company access>Manage an internship>Agreements>Sign up to an internship agreement).
- Fill in and send the application form: the office will approve the application and the company will receive an email confirming approval.
- Print, sign and send the signed signing up form (accompanied by a copy of the signatory’s identity document, if signed on a hard copy) to the email address: email@example.com .
- The office activates the internship agreement, the host institution receives a confirmation email and proceeds to enter the details of the internship training programmes.
Cosp - University Study and Career Guidance Service
Information Helpdesk at the COSP office and Extracurricular Traineeships Activation Helpdesk
Via Santa Sofia 9/1 – Milan.
- Tuesday and Friday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Thursday 2 pm to 4 pm
Contact telephone (02.503.12032):
- Tuesday 2 pm to 4.30 pm
- Wednesday and Thursday 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
The University offers to its students and graduates many opportunities to go abroad for an internship.
Find out about available projects, calls for notice and activation procedures for international internships abroad.